View Full Version : 1/4 Star Event in MD

tres grey
Jun. 23, 2010, 11:42 AM
Just saw this on EN! I'm so jealous for all that get to go. Looks like such a fun and educational idea. Who's going? Please take pictures and share stories!

Lori B
Jun. 23, 2010, 11:48 AM
I really like this farm and the events they hold there are super starter / unrecognized opportunities, and this just makes it that much better.

If I had a sound horse to ride, I would be doing this. Yay Full Moon.

Jun. 23, 2010, 12:03 PM
My trainer gave a talk there yesterday. She said it was a lot of fun and everyone was eager to learn :).

Jun. 23, 2010, 12:06 PM
Couldn't find any info at FMF site - what speed do you imagine a novice "steeplechase" runs at?

Lori B
Jun. 23, 2010, 12:13 PM
Groom - the article in eventingnation said that lower level riders would be simply learning to ride over a marked course with no jumps 'at speed'; I would venture to guess that Novice and Training would have some sort of brush jumps in their version. Don't know the speed.

Fancy That
Jun. 24, 2010, 01:21 PM
I read that on EN, too.....and WOW, what a great event for green bean baby horses, or green bean riders :)

I would love a starter steeplechase! We have schooling/unrecognized events around here that also offer Elementary/Tadpole divisions. It's great for those starting out or trying to get some good experience on a green horse.

I'd love to see pics too

Jun. 24, 2010, 07:16 PM
I vote they do another one in the fall!! :) Especially when my pony is ready to rock!!

Jun. 24, 2010, 07:23 PM
My client (Katie Wherley) and trainer (Kelley Williams) gave two of the talks there. I'll be following up with the farm after the event is over for a follow up on EventingNation. Stay tuned!