PDA

View Full Version : How and where to put sharks teeth?

faluut42
Jun. 22, 2010, 04:17 AM
I want to learn how to do sharks teeth so i can put them on my mare. I cant seem to master the art yet. Quartermarks are easy enough but can anyone tell me how and where to put sharks teeth?

also how does it help the shape of a horses hindquarters (so i know where to put it on my horse).

Any advice?

deltawave
Jun. 22, 2010, 07:57 AM
Grab some pictures, a small, stiff brush, a bucket of water, and a clean horse. Then start practicing--there is no "right" or "wrong" way to do them. You do them the way you like. :)

Personally I like to do smaller "teeth" on a leaner horse, bigger and beefier ones on a big, beefy butt. It's an art, not a science.

What I do is start above the stifle and brush the hair a little bit horizontally, just VERY slightly off its normal pattern so I have a "blank slate". Then I start above the point of the stifle, make one big sweep down, go back to where I started and make one big sweep across, then repeat on down.

Having just re-read that, it makes NO sense whatsoever. :sigh: Hopefully someone can post a pictorial "how to" but IMO once you get the hang of WHAT to do, the shape, size and location is personal preference. :yes:

piaffeprincess98
Jun. 22, 2010, 02:06 PM
There might be a tutorial on eventingnation.com. A ULR groom posts lots of good grooming tips, so do a search for quarter marks.

EventerAJ
Jun. 22, 2010, 02:45 PM
Ask, and ye shall receive.

EN Quarter Marks (http://eventingnation.com/home/2010/04/the-sunday-jog-up-tips-from-a-groom-14.html)