PDA

View Full Version : Just had to share: my new TRAILER, and doing first recognized this year at Briar Fox!

texaseventer
Jun. 21, 2010, 06:41 PM
I just had to share... 2 weeks ago finally got myself a real truck (3/4 ton diesel pickup). This weekend I just bought my very first trailer (it only took me 10 years, but I got one!!!) and I'll be hauling it to Briar Fox (from North Texas) next month!!

I pulled it home all the way from Alabama to Texas over the weekend and it's a dream... especially accompanied by my wonderful other half and our dog... ;)

Sorry I know it's goofy but I just had to share! Here's my new rig! http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/photo.php?pid=4416811&id=613231607

Briar Fox will be only my 2nd Novice and my first recognized show of 2010. So if anyone has any advice about the course or venue, would LOVE to hear it!

Sorry folks, I just couldn't contain my excitement any longer!

Mandy (with new truck and trailer in tow!!!)

InstigatorKate
Jun. 21, 2010, 07:56 PM
Congrats! Can't see the pic, but sounds awesome!

Carried Away
Jun. 22, 2010, 08:11 AM
congrats!! That is my goal in hopefully 5ish years!!

Long Shadow Farm
Jun. 22, 2010, 09:43 AM
Congrats! Nice rig and you will enjoy the freedom of having your own way to get around.

Briar Fox is very nice and inviting (was the last I was there and courses haven't changed that much I have heard.) It will be a great one for you to get your feet wet again on.

Have fun!

Bobbi

texaseventer
Jun. 22, 2010, 05:03 PM
Thanks ladies! :)

And thanks Bobbi! I'm excited. Plus now not a big deal for me to go to some little AQHA jumper shows when I want! :)

Kairoshorses
Jun. 22, 2010, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the dark side....bwha, ha, ha, ha!

I can't wait to see you and Joy again. Have FUN and be safe!

ksbadger
Jun. 22, 2010, 11:43 PM
Tex,
Looking forward to welcoming you to Area IV! There's quite a tradition of the Area V eventers getting together on Saturday night & you're welcome to join us - I usually act as (non)native guide. We can also help you with walking the course if you don't have your own trainer with you.

tx3dayeventer
Jun. 23, 2010, 10:40 PM
YAY Mandy & Joy!!!!!!!!!!! I love the rig!

You might have a co-pilot/groom for Briar Fox, if you will have me :D. I need to evaluate my calendar for July once I get passed this Friday :)

I can submit a resume and my references, so you can see that I am a qualified groom :D :lol::cool:

I have never been to Briar Fox, so that will be even more fun :D

retreadeventer
Jun. 24, 2010, 07:20 PM
Best of luck! I couldn't see it either.

texaseventer
Jun. 30, 2010, 12:27 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

KSbadger, sending you a PM... looking for another Novice rider who might be interested in a team at Briar Fox.

kookicat
Jun. 30, 2010, 12:32 PM
Congrats! :D

ksbadger
Jul. 1, 2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

KSbadger, sending you a PM... looking for another Novice rider who might be interested in a team at Briar Fox.

PM answered.

horseyfrk145
Jul. 4, 2010, 12:54 AM
Congrats!! I hope that everything goes well for you at Briar Fox! :)