PDA

View Full Version : Great interview with Denny on Eventingnation

clivers
Jun. 21, 2010, 12:52 PM
I'm sure many of you guys have just read this, but for those who aren't regulars on www.eventingnation.com, "10 Questions with Denny Emerson" is a great read!

Thanks for the gymnastic, Denny. I'm setting it up tonight!

jumpsnake
Jun. 21, 2010, 02:00 PM
Yes, it is awesome. Thanks to EN and Denny, my only complaint is that I wanted more! (Why not 20 questions?)

retreadeventer
Jun. 21, 2010, 02:29 PM
Oh me too. Because it's too hot to ride and I'm home early from work, I already set up the gymnastic he mentioned in my ring! Thanks, John. (Can you tell I am a RABID fan?) :)

shea'smom
Jun. 21, 2010, 03:31 PM
This quote...The Training and Preliminary three-days are great opportunities to ride horses that want to jump all day. He's on fire on XC if he's the right horse. Do you know how nervous you get before showjumping? Imagine doing a second showjumping round almost immediately. You'll be a lot less nervous and it's easier; that's what it's like on XC after doing steeplechase.
That sums up the benefit of Roads and Tracks and Steeplechase. That 40-60 minutes with just you and your horse, gearing up for Phase D, that is invaluable. This is the best explanation of that feeling that I've heard.
Leave it to Denny to put it so well. I agree, how about 10 more questions?

lstevenson
Jun. 21, 2010, 11:39 PM
Great interview. Many great points.

LKF
Jun. 22, 2010, 06:45 AM
Thanks Leslie for sharing your piece with Denny. I agree . . . ask more questions. Your articles leave me wanting more!