PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy leather galloping boots?

WW_Queen
Jun. 21, 2010, 11:54 AM
I have been wanting a pair of leather galloping boots for quite some time. I'm finally ready to make the purchase however I cannot find a pair with the exception of the Gygax (sp?) models. I know ThinLine made some but they no longer appear available for purchase on the site. I checked Ebay, Dover, Nunn Finer, VTO and some other places but I only see leather open fronts.

Are leather galloping boots a thing of the past? I know neoprene is big right now but.... :confused:

Bobthehorse
Jun. 21, 2010, 12:47 PM
Prestige makes some, they are similar to the Gygax but have better fetlock coverage IMO. They are on VTO.

Neoprene is out, and unfortunately most leather galloping boots are neoprene lined which means they will roast inside. Lots of boots have real or faux leather covering to durability, but are made with more modern fabrics to allow better breathability and protection. Along with all leather boots also comes those horrible buckles which have been replaced for convenience.

Premier Equine makes a leather covered boot, only in black though. The NEW boots have a faux leather type outer.

WW_Queen
Jun. 21, 2010, 04:21 PM
Ack, sorry you are right I meant to say synthetics versus neoprene. :) I will take a look at the Prestige boots, thanks for the tip!

Zu Zu
Jun. 21, 2010, 04:36 PM
Check with R.E. Fennell's - Red Mile Track Lexington ~ google for website ~ sorry I am computer stupid and do not know how to provide link ~ they will have what you need -shown on their website ~ leather.