PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Rolex Video (Helmet Cam)

LSM1212
Jun. 19, 2010, 08:24 PM
I just got my 2010 Rolex video... and at the end they show the entire Peter Atkins helmet cam. :) Jimmy W. and the other announcer (can't remember his name) commentate during the ride. :D

riderboy
Jun. 19, 2010, 10:17 PM
Wow how cool is that! I've watched it a couple of times and I think it gives a great perspective. I think Peter really did a geat job with Henny. I helmet-cammed my novice XC at Spring Run and I've watched that a bunch, it's like reliving the ride. I was so excited about it I mentioned it at work and we all gathered around the computer -BIG mistake! Half the people watching it were gone by jump 5, the other half by jump 8, and I fast forwarded thru the first part!. My point is I think you really have to know this sport to appreciate something like the XC helmet cam, even at Rolex level. I love 'em.

LSM1212
Jun. 19, 2010, 10:57 PM
I saw your helmet cam at Spring Run (I actually board my horse down the road).... it was so cool. :) I actually loved the first part before you even started. And you were so happy during the entire ride... especially the end! You rocked!!!!

I showed my hubby the Peter ride... he lasted only a few minutes too. You are right that only horse people can really appreciate it.

It's an inspiration for me... as I'm still in the Amoeba divisions. :winkgrin: