PDA

View Full Version : COTH enablers, check in !!!

ManyDogs
Jun. 19, 2010, 09:00 AM
:D

Soooo, DH and I have not been able to catch the little abandoned doggie :mad::mad: that was dropped off down the road a couple days ago. DH even went to the pound yesterday to see if he had been turned in. Nope.
Unfortunately for DH, he made the grave error of mentioning the two JRT mix litters that were imprisoned. Upon arriving, I decided I would take all dogs and the two kittens. LOL LOL
Anyhoo, after much dithering, we think we will take the poor scared border collie mix when she comes available. There is an adoption to-do going on today at the shelter, so we plan to take the BC if she is not adopted, or any other dog that was not chosen. Yes, to add to our 6 dogs.
We are insane, I tell ya, INSANE.
Thanks, fellow enablers. :D

prudence
Jun. 19, 2010, 09:06 AM
We will have to refer to you as the zoo. Have fun with all the happy critters!

lesson junkie
Jun. 19, 2010, 09:10 AM
The universe is happier when the dogs are balanced out with cats-so you will need to bring home kittens also.

Twiliath
Jun. 19, 2010, 09:59 AM
Doggie down the road - a large dog crate with dog food in it? Several days of feeding this way, then rig it close somehow?

Zu Zu
Jun. 19, 2010, 10:03 AM
Congratulations !! You are GREAT !!!!!! Pictures please of your "barn/ horse"dogs ~

sdlbredfan
Jun. 19, 2010, 12:15 PM
One can never have too many dogs, LOL. I am curious though, on the reference to the JRT litters, do you mean at the shelter, or were they dropped off too?

dawglover
Jun. 19, 2010, 03:37 PM
Good on ya! One can never have too many dogs!

Our stupid county planning commission just turned down a request from a guy that wants to build a no kill shelter and rehab facility. In a rural agricultural area with no nearby houses. :no:

Idiots.

Our county pound is antiquated and overcrowded and most dogs don't even get 7 days there. They make no attempt at adopting dogs out and won't even call owners whose dogs show up at the pound with ID on their collars.

MunchingonHay
Jun. 19, 2010, 03:44 PM
get the border collie !! Best. Dogs. Ever ! they are smart, quick to please, eager, and great dogs all around. What are you waiting for....are you still reading this? .....GO and Get that Border Collie !

ManyDogs
Jun. 19, 2010, 04:00 PM
Munching-
over the last 20 years, we've owned 7 BCs. Wonderful dogs. The shelter BC is not available until the 23rd, otherwise, she'd be here on the couch.

Dawglover-What total idiots-that's a nice term for the "shelter" where you live. Poor dogs and poor owners.

HorsesinHaiti
Jun. 19, 2010, 05:07 PM
We will have to call you

. 3
3 dogfarm!

headsupheelsdown
Jun. 19, 2010, 07:50 PM
Bless you for giving them such a nice home!

tallyho392
Jun. 19, 2010, 08:36 PM
wait, wait, you never answered the question about the JRT pups........they were at the shelter already??.......and you went and got multiple animals???????:eek:

wow. my local SPCA won't allow more than one adoption at a time, and no more than 4 in a 5 yr span.........

and those JRT mixes would have people lining up for them here, they always do..........i got one a few yrs ago, luckily happened to be in there when the box they were dumped in was discovered, so i got my application in first, and had first choice...............there was about 14 other people hoping i didn't take one so they could move on up the waiting list......but i digress.......NEED to see your new pups....i LOVE having a herd of doggies with me

Buffyblue
Jun. 19, 2010, 08:41 PM
OK, so....you took every animal there plus are getting the BC next week? EXCELLENT!!

Gestalt
Jun. 19, 2010, 08:48 PM
OK, so....you took every animal there plus are getting the BC next week? EXCELLENT!!

Absolutely agree. The more, the merrier!

Timex
Jun. 19, 2010, 09:35 PM
Its not just you! Hi, my name is Timex, and I'm an animal-aholic. Lol. Picking up rescue horse tomorrow. I'm blaming cajunbelle. Its all her fault. She's a pusher, I swear. Lol.

cajunbelle
Jun. 20, 2010, 07:59 PM
Its not just you! Hi, my name is Timex, and I'm an animal-aholic. Lol. Picking up rescue horse tomorrow. I'm blaming cajunbelle. Its all her fault. She's a pusher, I swear. Lol.

Timex you are a "Good Egg" thank you for saving a life! I know you didn't need another horse..... but took him anyway. Poppie thanks you:):yes:

Horse Pushers Anonymous, have any openings?

ManyDogs
Jun. 20, 2010, 08:09 PM
Hmmm, I posted yesterday but I lost my connection...
OK-I didn't take the JRTs and/or the rest of the dogs. I just WANTED to! This shelter allows 2 adoptions a month and do let dogs go for free if they aren't adopted.

We pick up the BC on Wed. I guess they hold dogs for a week or so to see if owners come to get them. I think her name will be Willow but I am open for suggestions!

If anyone is interested, the shelter is Washington Co. Animal Shelter outside of Abingdon. It is about 3 miles off of I-81/exit 19. I don't recall the adoption fee, and I think they have a voucher or rebate for spaying/neutering.

Zu Zu
Jun. 20, 2010, 08:29 PM
I like Willow ~ enjoy her !

cheektwocheek
Jun. 20, 2010, 08:55 PM
If it has 4 leggs, I'm all in!

Timex
Jun. 20, 2010, 11:20 PM
Timex you are a "Good Egg" thank you for saving a life! I know you didn't need another horse..... but took him anyway. Poppie thanks you:):yes:

Horse Pushers Anonymous, have any openings?

you're a founding member of HPA, admit it. anyone need a horse? Cajunbelle can find you one!

And he better thank me! i don't know about being a 'good egg', how about a straight up sucker? lol

Alagirl
Jun. 21, 2010, 02:41 AM
:D

Soooo, DH and I have not been able to catch the little abandoned doggie :mad::mad: that was dropped off down the road a couple days ago. DH even went to the pound yesterday to see if he had been turned in. Nope.
Unfortunately for DH, he made the grave error of mentioning the two JRT mix litters that were imprisoned. Upon arriving, I decided I would take all dogs and the two kittens. LOL LOL
Anyhoo, after much dithering, we think we will take the poor scared border collie mix when she comes available. There is an adoption to-do going on today at the shelter, so we plan to take the BC if she is not adopted, or any other dog that was not chosen. Yes, to add to our 6 dogs.
We are insane, I tell ya, INSANE.
Thanks, fellow enablers. :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
You need to get a new screen name....:yes:

ManyDogs
Jun. 21, 2010, 03:37 PM
Uh, when it rains, it pours?
DH caught little abandoned doggie this morning, per my notification phone call. :D The dog catcher drove up just as DH was getting doggie in the humane trap.
Wed. we go to pick up Willow. That will be 8 dogs, now.
I definitely need to change my screen name!

No! No more animals! No more horses!
Until maybe we move to our property down the road and set up a proper kennel?

Alagirl
Jun. 21, 2010, 03:58 PM
Start with the kennel :D