PDA

View Full Version : Jim Wofford - Maryland - July 30

CMCEventer
Jun. 17, 2010, 08:14 PM
Hi again - I'm back with another Jim Wofford clinic update!

The June 14 clinic at Greystone Farm in Brookeville, Maryland was excellent! It was a little different format than his normal gymnastics clinics - this one was truly a show jumping clinic. We started with some basic gymnastics work, then some typical show jumping lines. And then we had some "fun" with turning exercises and jumping with one stirrup - it took 2 days for my right leg to start to feel normal again!
Jim had 2 phrases of the day:
1. "the only plan I want you to have is to be ready to change your plan depending on what happens!"
2. "there are 3 jumps, but you're only allowed one mistake - you should adjust to whatever happens."

The riders ranged from Beginner Novice to Training, and Jim challenged everyone to just the right level!

So, with all that said - aren't you just dying to sign up for the next clinic?

FRIDAY - JULY 30 - JIM WOFFORD SHOW JUMPING CLINIC - BROOKEVILLE, MD

Greystone Farm
Beginner Novice - Training
Groups of 4-6 riders
$150 per rider

Information and registration form at
http://www.greystonefarm.org/

I have no affiliation with this clinic - just a vested interest in keeping Jim's clinics always full in Maryland, so he keeps doing them and I can keep riding in them! SIGN UP!

barnworkbeatshousework
Jun. 17, 2010, 09:43 PM
Possible to audit for a horseless rider?

Tazzie
Jun. 18, 2010, 07:30 AM
Possible to audit for a horseless rider?

The entry form states $20 to audit, what a great price!

I happen to be off work on July 30th, I am going to look into signing up or auditing, thanks!

CMCEventer
Jul. 8, 2010, 08:03 PM
Giving this a bump!
I just heard from the folks at Greystone that they have 1 spot left in the Training group and 4 spots left for Novice. This heat can't possibly still be around by the end of the month, so sign up! Any day with Jim Wofford is a COOL day! :)

regeventer
Jul. 8, 2010, 08:15 PM
I'm in!!!

@ Tazzie - will you be there? I want to pick your brain about planning a trip to Rolex next year.

I was looking forward to this until I saw riding with 1 stirrup - yikes!:eek:

CMCEventer
Jul. 9, 2010, 08:25 PM
Here's an update on available spaces in the clinic -
1 - in BN
2 - in N
1 - in T

See y'all there!

yellowbritches
Jul. 9, 2010, 08:56 PM
WHY are you only taking through training? If you offered a prelim level I'd be there with bells on (good prep/ass kicking for the fall season). Unfortunately, there's nothing for me. :no:

asterix
Jul. 14, 2010, 12:39 PM
oh, I'll take the T spot!!!! Getting act together now. We are 5 minutes from the clinic so...

bornfreenowexpensive
Jul. 14, 2010, 04:07 PM
WHY are you only taking through training? If you offered a prelim level I'd be there with bells on (good prep/ass kicking for the fall season). Unfortunately, there's nothing for me. :no:

If you want to drive up the Unionville...we'd have a spot for you...I usually have a group or two of Prelim or Intermediate horses. Next lessons are August 18 though....and we are almost always just Wednesday mornings. (just had a great school this morning with him.)...or send him an email.

I think he also teaches sometimes at places a lot closer to you.....and if you set up groups, it might not be too hard to get him to come to you. Just check his calendar...he usually posts things there (plus his blogs are great to read).

http://jimwofford.blogspot.com/

I could also possibly be talked into organizing a xc schooling at WinGreen or Morven....