PDA

View Full Version : Eye Candy for Chicken Fans..

equusvilla
Jun. 17, 2010, 10:24 AM
We are still working to complete our coop. Ours is nice ...but the pictures I am sharing with you below (not mine)... well they are more like hen castles!!! Thought you would enjoy seeing them too!

http://bleulune.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/06/le-palais-de-poulet.html

http://heatherbullard.typepad.com/heather_bullard_collectio/2010/03/our-chicken-coop.html

http://heatherbullard.typepad.com/heather_bullard_collectio/2010/06/santa-barbara-chicken-coop.html

Tiramit
Jun. 17, 2010, 10:50 AM
Those are beautiful although I dare say that pretty white won't stay that way for long. :lol: Thank you for sharing!

NeedsAdvil
Jun. 17, 2010, 10:56 AM
Oh my. I die.

WANT WANT WANT. :)

RougeEmpire
Jun. 17, 2010, 11:28 AM
Holy heck my front porch is that nice! Oh to be a chicken!

Heart's Journey
Jun. 17, 2010, 11:34 AM
fancy palaces! those chickens have got to be the envy of the neighborhood - hope they give you lots of colorful yummy eggs as well!

SuperSTB
Jun. 17, 2010, 11:37 AM
My chickens are so slummin it...

2DogsFarm
Jun. 17, 2010, 11:41 AM
wow
just....wow

I better disconnect the wifi in my coop or the girls will be wanting a rehab PRONTO! :winkgrin:

Poniesofmydreams
Jun. 17, 2010, 11:43 AM
Our one baby hen was asleep in my lap as I looked at those. Thank goodness or she would be very jealous! We are starting on our coop this weekend so the good ideas are appreciated.

MistyBlue
Jun. 17, 2010, 12:18 PM
Gorgeous...those coops are nicer than my barn and I'm really anal about my barn! :lol:

Someone on another BB just redid a dog house she found on CL into the most darling coop ever. Inexpensive and all the hard work building was already done!

alto
Jun. 17, 2010, 02:15 PM
Gorgeous showplaces
BUT
where are the photos with the chicken actually living in there!!!

White would NOT be the color I'd choose :lol:

kinnip
Jun. 17, 2010, 02:20 PM
Awww. I remember when we built our first coop. I spent so much time painting the exterior and whitewashing the interior. I whitewashed the nest boxes and it looked so darling with the decorative chicken sign. Then the chickens moved in.

leilatigress
Jun. 17, 2010, 02:24 PM
Love those! Can't wait to have my own again.

PRS
Jun. 17, 2010, 02:34 PM
Those are absolutely beautiful! Maybe that's the difference between country chickens and urban chickens? My chicken coop is a little more...erm...shall we say "rustic"? :D

SmartAlex
Jun. 17, 2010, 03:16 PM
Well Damn! The first two are even cuter than mine. And mine has a chicken sized porch with a railing. :D I'm printing these out just in case we ever move and I can sucker my husband into building another one.

chemteach
Jun. 17, 2010, 03:36 PM
Makes me want to get chickens!

equusvilla
Jun. 17, 2010, 05:18 PM
I knew you guys would enjoy those... and not one of them was found on the Back Yard Chickens web sight. It just goes to show you what happens when you tell an interior designer to build a chicken coop!!!!

FYI - The blue coop actually is a couple of years old.