View Full Version : Bromont CCI 1 star scoring

Jun. 16, 2010, 07:46 PM
Can anyone explain the reported dressage rankings of the riders compared to their dressage scores in the Bromont One Star division? For example only 2 riders had a dressage score of 55, Heidi White and Katie Duke, but their rank after dressage is 14th and 22nd, respectively. Similarly Lily O'Brien, Jennifer Simmons and Carrie Meehan all had dressage scores of 56.3, but with reported ranks of 25th, 17th and 9th. This can only be a computer ranking error of some sort which disturbs me at the FEI International 3 Day level. It makes little difference to the overall outcome, but one would like to see a little better minding of the store...

Jun. 16, 2010, 10:30 PM
I doubt it was a COMPUTER error. Most likely someone screwed up the columns when they reordered after xc/ sj. Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal, so long as the final results are correct. I DO think it's disappointing they didn't have live scoring, when the vast majority of the recognized and some of the unrecognized have it around here.

Jun. 17, 2010, 09:18 AM
I competed in this division, and it appeared to be just an error of some sort (human, computer, etc.) When they first posted the scores after dressage, the rankings were totally off. We immediately brought it to the secretary's attention, and they posted a corrected version. However, it looks as though when the XC/SJ scores were posted the dressage ranking reverted backt to the "wrong" version, although the post jumping scores/rankings were correct. It was not a big deal, and the final scores/placings were as they should have been!