PDA

View Full Version : Large Ring Wonder Bit?

Bobthehorse
Jun. 16, 2010, 01:30 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a wonder bit with slightly larger rings? I have the Korsteel version, and the rings are about 3'' in diameter. I bought a center revolver version of the bit because my horse is a bit softer in double jointed bits, but when it came the rings were smaller, at around 2.5'' and it rode completely different. He goes very well in the 3" (or did until sunday at the event when he was especially "up"), so if he is having one of those days I want a larger ringed one in my trailer just in case. A 2 ring is too much for him.

I have seen a couple of wonder bits with larger rings on horses, but I can only find them online at British saddleries. Anyone know of anywhere else I can find one? Approx 3.5" rings would be ideal.

WishIWereRiding
Jun. 16, 2010, 02:26 PM
BoB has the large ringed bit, but it is like $90 I think. http://www.bitofbritain.com/Wonder_Bit_Made_in_England_p/740.htm

Bobthehorse
Jun. 16, 2010, 02:30 PM
There isnt a picture showing up or measurements, have you seen it?

WishIWereRiding
Jun. 16, 2010, 02:48 PM
There's a picture if you click on "loose rings." I think my trainer has it, and the rings are bigger. You could always email or call them and ask for the dimensions of the ring. It's a single joint though.

Bobthehorse
Jun. 16, 2010, 02:59 PM
Ah, thank you.