PDA

View Full Version : Where to find barn manager?

Ambitious Kate
Jun. 16, 2010, 08:58 AM
Where do you go to find a barn manager, assistant trainer/teacher etc in the Northeast? CT? Online sites? Where to advertise? Yes, I think we are prparing an ad for the Chronicle. Where else?

katie+tru
Jun. 16, 2010, 09:56 AM
yardandgroom.com

DiablosHalo
Jun. 16, 2010, 12:50 PM
What discpline are you looking for? I just had a wonderful girl apply for my position- but I'm not ready to hire just yet (decided to keep current help through a transition phase). If you want to pm me your email- I'll give it to this girl. She is in NY right now and willing to relocate w/living arrangements.

nextyear
Jun. 16, 2010, 01:50 PM
Also know of a very good barn manager that is in Ma. and willing to relocate. PM me if you would like her info.

Isabeau Z Solace
Jun. 16, 2010, 10:39 PM
You will get LOTS or responses on Y&G, so be prepared to sort thru them all. The more you know what you want, the easier it will be. Don't be shy about being specific with needs/requirements. You will have most of your work in weeding out the profoundly unqualified, so give as much detail as you can.

You can also post jobs on WEF.com, Florida Horse, and WHINNY. Those are all free. EqMax and Y&G cost $$. You will get a huge response, but lots of the responses will be from the highly enthusiastic not the highly qualified.

morganmare
Jun. 17, 2010, 12:22 PM
You could post an ad on equinesite.com. It is a new england horse site. The have a employment offered/wanted section under the classifieds. And the listing is free.