PDA

View Full Version : Groton House Summer Classic?

quietann
Jun. 15, 2010, 11:44 PM
Is anyone going to the Groton House Summer Classic on Sunday? I am jump judging on XC but I do not know which jump yet.

EightBelles134
Jun. 16, 2010, 05:58 AM
I believe my barn is supposed to do the Summer Classic and Horse Trials. I'm not riding but if they do end up going, I Know I will be grooming at the Horse Trials,and possibly the Summer Classic as well

Tucked_Away
Jun. 17, 2010, 11:30 AM
I'll be grooming for a(t least one) friend on Sunday.

sch1star
Jun. 17, 2010, 03:09 PM
Thank you for jump judging!

Hopefully you will see us come through in BN. Little pinto pony with an Arab tail...lol!

Daatje
Jun. 17, 2010, 03:47 PM
I have two friends riding, so I'm going to cheer them on and be an extra set of hands. :)

My mare is adverse to venturing off on her own at speed, so I'm out of anything requiring a XC run. Heck, we can't even pull off a 2-phase! (refer to the results from 5/29.....)

But foxhunt? Oh yes, that's just fine.....up to 3'9"! :rolleyes: Crazy mare. No sour grapes there, nope, none at all.:lol:

Yeah, I'll be cheering on the big Perch and his TB compadre.....but I'd rather be riding!!!

frugalannie
Jun. 17, 2010, 03:58 PM
Hmmm, Daatje. Maybe you could project a holograph in front of her of other horses so she doesn't feel so alone?

Seriously, you gave her a good ride at the 2-phase.

I may end up volunteering depending on some family scheduling issues. My sister and nephew will be there working away!

ClassAction
Jun. 17, 2010, 04:00 PM
I'm excited to be going to the Summer Classic. Seems like my whole barn is trooping out for this one!

LittleblackMorgan
Jun. 17, 2010, 04:10 PM
I am sooo pissed...I had to scratch from this show...pony blew a stifle and I am not comfy eventing him for another month. Booo...but we're doing a local (flat) schoolie show instead. BEST of luck to all who go!!!!

Joan from Flatlands
Jun. 17, 2010, 07:24 PM
Ill be there photographing - and hopefully NOT from under an umbrella!

Joan from Flatlandsfoto

frugalannie
Jun. 17, 2010, 08:38 PM
Joan, if you're under an umbrella, it'll be to stay out of the sun!

Daatje
Jun. 17, 2010, 10:07 PM
Hmmm, Daatje. Maybe you could project a holograph in front of her of other horses so she doesn't feel so alone?

Seriously, you gave her a good ride at the 2-phase.

I may end up volunteering depending on some family scheduling issues. My sister and nephew will be there working away!

Now there's an idea! :lol: Seriously, I've thought of everything and I'm about ready to start schooling her in a blinker hood with pom poms in her ears! She is so easily distracted.....it's like riding a pony with ADD! Thanks, though. I tried my best to get her around the course.

She put in a great dressage test though......:)

Hey, at least I didn't buy real estate! There were so many riders that did that day...

Daatje
Jun. 17, 2010, 10:08 PM
Joan, if you're under an umbrella, it'll be to stay out of the sun!

A-men! I just hope it isn't too hot.....and that the T-storms wait until the show is over....

sch1star
Jun. 19, 2010, 09:38 AM
Hey, at least I didn't buy real estate! There were so many riders that did that day...

omg...I have never heard this before. TOO FUNNY!

We'll need to set up a mister fan for Joan. Anything for her awesome pix!

Emstah
Jun. 19, 2010, 09:44 AM
I won't be there, but my horse will be! He's being leased by a great girl this summer who is taking him, so hopefully they will have a great day! I'm bummed not to be able to go watch though! Good luck to everyone who is going :)

sch1star
Jun. 20, 2010, 09:07 PM
We had a brilliant day and as usual I have to give this event top marks! Thank you to all who helped make it happen!

quietann
Jun. 20, 2010, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I'll be cheering on the big Perch and his TB compadre.....but I'd rather be riding!!!

Ah well. I saw the big Perch go by and what a happy looking horse!

quietann
Jun. 20, 2010, 10:32 PM
I am sooo pissed...I had to scratch from this show...pony blew a stifle and I am not comfy eventing him for another month. Booo...but we're doing a local (flat) schoolie show instead. BEST of luck to all who go!!!!

:( I hope your show went well.

As it was, I was jump judging at fence 4, waayyyyyyy out back, so I wasn't really able to socialize anyway.

Oh, I have a new leased Morgan pony for a while. She and her papers got separated somewhere along the way (if she was ever registered at all), and she definitely has some issues, but she's an honest little thing. Photo here (http://annsrats.com/horses/mary/june_08_2010/trotleft1.jpg) and here with my lame mare (http://annsrats.com/horses/mary/twomares.jpg).

quietann
Jun. 20, 2010, 10:37 PM
Thank you for jump judging!

Hopefully you will see us come through in BN. Little pinto pony with an Arab tail...lol!

eee, saw that one! Adorable! I was at fence 4.

cranky
Jun. 22, 2010, 09:00 PM
I also wanted to thank the wonderful volunteers and event organizers at the Summer Classic. My horse & I both had a great experience there this year. I am especially thrilled as my last two previous show experiences were kind of disasters and had really affected my confidence overall. I am so happy to finally have had a great outing this season! I highly recommend this event for anyone looking for a stellar event next year (and I'm sure the Fall Classic is just as wonderful).

Joan from Flatlands
Jun. 23, 2010, 09:02 AM
Proofs posted!

http://www.flatlandsfoto.com/competitionphotos/2009%20albums/GHF053009/HTML/index.htm