PDA

View Full Version : Issues withs saddle- Advice Please!

JulieMcD
Jun. 15, 2010, 12:47 AM
I just got a used Schleese Pouvoir saddle, and I've notice it squeaks sometimes. It's not that leathery squeak. It has very dark, soft leather that doesn't rub and squeak.

It's a faint, high-pitched squeak. The closest thing I can think of that sounds like that would be a bird or a squeaky door hinge.

The Schleese saddles have flexible, adjustable trees, so it's a bit difficult for me to tell if there's anything broken there. The saddle doesn't buckle at any point when being pushed/pulled on, and I can't replicate the squeak without riding in the saddle. The tree seems solid.

When I'm riding, it sounds like it's coming from somewhere near the pommel on the right side. I don't notice it at all at the walk. I hear it most at the trot, and it gets louder when my horse lengthens her stride or is bent right. I hear it occasionally at the canter but not as much. It's a rhythmical squeak too.

Of course, I'll have the saddle expert take a look at it sometime when they're in town, but my local saddle fitter doesn't work on Schleese saddles.

Does anyone know what I could do to figure out what this is, or fix it? I'm worried I may have just spent a bunch of money on a saddle with a broken tree!
:no:

IFG
Jun. 15, 2010, 06:52 AM
My saddle did that, and it had a broken rivet at the pommel. I would have a saddle fitter/repairer check it sooner rather than later.