PDA

View Full Version : Spring Run helmet cam novice XC

riderboy
Jun. 14, 2010, 06:53 PM
OK, here goes! I warmed up and waited to go for a few minutes so fast forward thru that if you want. It was just a very,very fun ride. Thanks again, Spring Run! Click on the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew04RSwCGd0

In_
Jun. 14, 2010, 07:15 PM
Whooo what a cross-country machine! Thanks for sharing!!!

texaseventer
Jun. 14, 2010, 07:24 PM
What a nice looking course and what a great sweet pony! Great fun to watch! Where is Spring Run anyway?!

rooroo8
Jun. 14, 2010, 07:26 PM
That was great! My 5 year old daughter and I just watched that together, thanks for posting this.

riderboy
Jun. 14, 2010, 07:28 PM
Spring Run Farm is in Prospect Kentucky, near Louisville. It's run by Susan and Blake Harris, two of the nicest people you'll ever meet. I have to thank Deltawave for "technical assistance," and be forewarned , I let the s-word slip at the end of the ride.

leslie645
Jun. 14, 2010, 07:32 PM
Good Job! that does INDEED look fun!

BigMick
Jun. 14, 2010, 07:41 PM
Great job!

Did your horse really gallop up the hill after the Hogsback (#13)? I thought Fuji would sort of peter out, but he dug in and really jammed up that hill! Looked like yours did too.

riderboy
Jun. 14, 2010, 07:48 PM
Great job!

Did your horse really gallop up the hill after the Hogsback (#13)? I thought Fuji would sort of peter out, but he dug in and really jammed up that hill! Looked like yours did too.
Yes, he found this other gear and just flew up that hill. It was like flying. And really, I didn't ask but when he went I just went along with it.

CallMeGrace
Jun. 14, 2010, 07:49 PM
Thank you!!! It was fun for Dad and brother (starter) to see what sister/daughter did on Sunday - it looked like loads of fun. Guess I really should get fit and retire her horse to me so she can move up....:yes:

P.S. Rhona said "wait for this hill - we motored up it!" - guess the horses likes it.

deltawave
Jun. 14, 2010, 08:37 PM
Yay for the helmet cam geeks! :D :D Nice job.

texaseventer
Jun. 14, 2010, 08:40 PM
I think us North TX folks need a roadtrip up to Kentucky! What a beautiful place!! :) Thanks again for sharing Riderboy!

Ajierene
Jun. 14, 2010, 08:58 PM
Every time, I click on these links hoping it would be different and every time it is not......why must I get motion sickness from watching the helmet cam? This is torture!

carasmom
Jun. 15, 2010, 07:51 AM
So cool. My former mare Cara (Caramba) was in the Novice A group so it was interesting to see the course from her perspective. :)

cindylouwho
Jun. 15, 2010, 07:58 AM
Thanks for posting! I rode both my mares novice at Spring Run too and it was fun watching it happen again!

Milo19
Jun. 15, 2010, 08:47 AM
This is about the coolest thing I've ever seen!! It makes me want to do this! Haha. It looks like you guys had fun!

ddashaq
Jun. 15, 2010, 09:07 AM
So cool!! Thank you!

(You were obviously not the fellow talking about dismounting and leading his horse across the creek. Not sure if he was joking or not, but he certainly got a laugh!:lol:)

Kcisawesome
Jun. 15, 2010, 10:57 AM
That is AWESOME! I want to see a helmet cam at rolex! :D

glfprncs
Jun. 15, 2010, 11:42 AM
That is AWESOME! I want to see a helmet cam at rolex! :D

Go to runhennyrun.com (I think that's the website) and you shall see helmet cam at Rolex.

Catalina
Jun. 15, 2010, 01:38 PM
Wow, that was really cool! It looks like you had a nice, smooth ride. And the facility is gorgeous, but it is so flat :lol:. Around here, we tend to have a lot of terrain, so to see a flat course is kind of odd to me (looks a lot easier to walk, though- no trudging up and down hills :winkgrin:).

Milo19
Jun. 15, 2010, 01:45 PM
Go to runhennyrun.com (I think that's the website) and you shall see helmet cam at Rolex.

:eek::eek::eek:

Love it!

Auburn
Jun. 15, 2010, 04:58 PM
WhooHoo!! Go Riderboy! :D:D

Well, at least I know what it felt like to run that course. Your boy is definitely a cross country machine.

Thank you for sharing, especially since I was on my way home by that time.

Kairoshorses
Jun. 15, 2010, 06:52 PM
Good for you...very still, very consistent. Bravo! Now do one at training! :)

riderboy
Jun. 15, 2010, 07:03 PM
I do want to move up to training but I have some work to do. I really want to do training at Spring Run next year.

MrBob
Jun. 15, 2010, 07:43 PM
RB,

If you are using the same camera as I do, the Contour HD, try pointing it down one more click, that will get more of your ponies ears (the fun part) and less of the sky.

P

eventer_mi
Jun. 15, 2010, 07:43 PM
What fun it was to ride/watch that along with you! Thanks so much! And what a smooth ride.

riderboy
Jun. 15, 2010, 08:28 PM
RB,

If you are using the same camera as I do, the Contour HD, try pointing it down one more click, that will get more of your ponies ears (the fun part) and less of the sky.

P
Thanks, will do. Yes, it's the Contour HD. Is this Henny's MrBob? If so, I just re-watched your helmet cam Rolex ride-awesome!

BigMick
Jun. 15, 2010, 09:23 PM
I do want to move up to training but I have some work to do. I really want to do training at Spring Run next year.

Move up at Penny Oaks! That's my plan. Our dressage will be inadequate and I might hurl when I see the stadium course, but the XC ride will be well worth it.

riderboy
Jun. 16, 2010, 08:47 AM
Move up at Penny Oaks! That's my plan. Our dressage will be inadequate and I might hurl when I see the stadium course, but the XC ride will be well worth it.
We're just not there yet. Correction, I'M just not there yet. You two are and you are going to have a blast!

LSM1212
Jun. 16, 2010, 08:49 AM
Spring Run Farm is in Prospect Kentucky, near Louisville. It's run by Susan and Blake Harris, two of the nicest people you'll ever meet. I have to thank Deltawave for "technical assistance," and be forewarned , I let the s-word slip at the end of the ride.

The video was awesome. And you did let the s-word slip not just at the end, but somewhere during your ride. Can't remember where. :) And I did watch/listen to the commentary before your ride. That was hilarious! Great singing BTW.