PDA

View Full Version : Abetta - chair seat?

cnigh
Jun. 13, 2010, 08:42 PM
I very rarely see pictures of myself riding, but I noticed my saddle is giving me a slight chair seat.

I have been trying to keep my leg back, but the stirrup bars are too long.

I have regular english stirrups and leathers (hate the western fenders). I am wondering if anyone else has this problem and or if I can fix it.

Thanks

This is a bad picture (cell phone). Also i am short and riding a 19hh Clyde so as my mom says I look like a 12yr old - LOL!

Lets just say 40 is a lot closer than 20 - LOL!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=12284311&id=645000532

cnigh
Jun. 13, 2010, 08:45 PM
Also please don't tell me to lower my stirrups, I can't reach them if they are any lower.

jeano
Jun. 14, 2010, 10:13 AM
I had an abetta trail saddle that didnt fit my racking horse and didnt allow me to post the trot on my trotting horse. I liked the saddle but it didnt like me, unfortunately.

sublimequine
Jun. 14, 2010, 11:00 AM
Pic doesn't work.

I have an Abetta, and don't really have chair seat issues with it. I prefer my stirrups a bit on the short side too. It's just too difficult for me to go from my AP saddle with super-short stirrups.. and then try and ride in the Abetta with super-long stirrups. So I compromise. :lol:

imaginique
Jun. 14, 2010, 12:23 PM
I could't see the picture. I got a message that said 'content unavailable'. I have an Abetta but it has a balanced seat--no chair seat issues.

wendy
Jun. 14, 2010, 02:12 PM
I've heard of people putting something? on the stirrup bar to keep the stirrup leather further back.

pines4equines
Jun. 14, 2010, 04:53 PM
Mine actually makes me sit very well. However, mine is newish. Is your's older? Maybe the cushioning in the seat has worn and it is sinking your butt lower, pushing your feet forward?

cnigh
Jun. 15, 2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the advice. No my saddle is only a few years old (3?). It still looks and feels new.

I think I will try to lower my stirrups down a hole and sit more forward.

Its funny but I find the saddle hard to post in as well. I thought it was me since I have a bad knee.

I am also gonna try to bind the stirrups back somehow.