PDA

View Full Version : Selling "used" white vinyl fencing

mg
Jun. 13, 2010, 09:19 AM
The barn I will be inheriting was built with all paddocks and the arena fenced with white vinyl fencing, simply because of the aesthetic qualities. While the fencing is fine for the ring, I can't stand the stuff for paddocks. The boards easily pop out of the posts if a pony reaches through for grass on the other side and I don't feel comfortable leaving the horses turned out overnight because of how insecure it is.

I plan to re-fence the paddocks/runs first because the layout is less than ideal, and also because I'd prefer non-vinyl fencing. Is there any sort of market for selling this fencing once I pull it out? It's in very good condition and I'll have a LOT of it, including a bunch of gates too.

pinkme
Jun. 13, 2010, 11:04 AM
Craigslist, or find your local ReStore (habitat for humaity) and donate it for a tax write off.

coloredhorse
Jun. 13, 2010, 11:17 AM
Any local ag magazines are also good places to advertise it. I have seen folks use that fencing to good effect with a couple of supplemental hot wires run inside.

blaster
Jun. 13, 2010, 04:57 PM
Well, if it is just a matter of them popping out--it sounds like an install issue. Do the board ends have notches? If not, you can buy the tool to notch it here:

http://www.usavinyl.com/notchers.html

Furthermore, the proper installation includes 16 foot rails that are offset.

Hot wire could do wonders too.

If the above truly won't work, consider re-use...how about a dressage court railing?