PDA

View Full Version : looking for boarding in Nashville TN area

Dolcebella
Jun. 13, 2010, 07:43 AM
I'm being transferred to Nashville TN. I will be working near the airport. I'm a former hunter/jumper rider that has just started in Dressage. I have a 4 yr old Dutch Warmblood.

Thus, looking for a barn that can help with training and offers classical dressage and jumping lessons. Focus on learning/progressing and not showing. (I like to show a couple times a year)

Need to have daily turnout and facilities to be able to ride in the evenings during the winter. (indoor or outside with lights)

Would love to hear from you on top places.

onthebit
Jun. 13, 2010, 08:08 AM
Tami Crawford is an excellent dressage trainer and her facility has a lovely outdoor and indoor.

Green Pastures in Brentwood also has an indoor and an outdoor and you can bring in your own trainer.

Old Hillsboro Manor in Franklin also has two outdoors (one jumping arena and one dressage arena) and in indoor. Kerstin Moltman who owns/runs OHM is a dressage trainer herself but again you can work with any trainer of your choosing there.

Those are the ones I think of off the top of my head, I'm sure others will chime in with more.

Dolcebella
Jun. 13, 2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the information. Where is Tami Crawford located?

eponacowgirl
Jun. 13, 2010, 05:33 PM
She's in College Grove, due south of downtown about 25 minutes. She is right off of 840, smack in between 24 and 65.

Dolcebella
Jun. 14, 2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks to all for the information.

Anyone aware of some smaller scale facilities that have dressage and jumping instructors who come on a regular basis?

eponacowgirl
Jun. 14, 2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks to all for the information.

Anyone aware of some smaller scale facilities that have dressage and jumping instructors who come on a regular basis?

Amy Wise is an event trainer that several of us work with on this board. She may have an opening for another boarder who would like to be in a program with regular lessons. I think she is full at the moment, but if you're interested, PM me and I'll give you her info and you guys can talk and see if it might be a match. She is located in Columbia, TN, about 25 minutes south of Cool Springs. Probably 35 minutes from Downtown.

My barn is Southern Promise Farm (http://www.southernpromisefarm.com). We are a smaller scale facility, laid back, drama-free, mostly adult boarders. We do not currently have an arena, just a field we ride in with jumps, but the arena is in the works- we just have to put in the base and footing- its leveled and fenced. I'm the in-house trainer, but Amy comes in to teach me if our location is better/she doesn't have openings. We are very centrally located, not far from Tami.

There are a couple of threads about boarding barns in Middle TN, I think mostly on the eventing forum, you might look back for those- tons of facilities like you describe around!