PDA

View Full Version : HOLY COW! GMHA! Wheeeeeeee!

RiverBendPol
Jun. 11, 2010, 08:26 PM
Hey Kids, The T *AND* N 3-Day opens NEXT WEEEEEEEEEK!! How cool is that?? Who's aiming?

Check it out on the Area 1 website, www.area1usea.org

Here's a little sampling, just to psych you UP!!

GMHA is pleased to announce that we will be hosting our fifth Training Level Three-Day Event with a NOVICE Level Division Test! A perfect opportunity for horses and riders moving up to prepare for a one-star, or for Novice and Training Level horses and riders to enjoy the full three-day format at a level in which they are comfortable. In addition to the competition, this event will include a variety of clinics, lectures, demonstrations and fun!
The Novice endurance phase will include 2 Roads and Tracks (A & C); a steeplechase (B) with jumps not to exceed 3'6" brush (2'11" max height fixed) and speed not to exceed 470 mpm; and a cross country test (D) with 16-20 efforts at speed not to exceed 400 mpm. The Novice Dressage test will be 2010 USEF TRAINING Test B held in a large arena with 2 judges.

The Training endurance phase will include 2 Roads and Tracks (A & C); a steeplechase (B) with jumps not to exceed 3'11" brush (3'3" max height fixed) and speed not to exceed 520 mpm; and a cross country test (D) with 20-24 efforts at speed not to exceed 470 mpm. The Training Dressage test will be the new 2010 USEF Training 3-Day Event Test held in a large arena with 2 judges.

ss3777
Jun. 11, 2010, 09:19 PM
Very exciting!! Cannot wait to qualify someday!!

frugalannie
Jun. 12, 2010, 10:04 AM
You KNOW, I'm trying for it, Pol.
Are you going to go Novice?

KMErickson
Jun. 12, 2010, 11:34 AM
Omg I hadn't realized that there were going to be actual fences on the N3D 'chase! Now I REALLY REALLY want to do it!! :D

Polly, do you think you and Matty will do it? We could be a team!! :winkgrin:

Timex
Jun. 12, 2010, 11:46 AM
Sounds like fun!!!!!!

Ritazza
Jun. 12, 2010, 02:20 PM
You guys are breakin' my heart! I was SO EXCITED for this! But maresie is still all broke :cry: However I am writing a piece about Why I Support The N3DE and HOPE to go attend/volunteer/donate/something, because this is really worth paying attention to.

macsmum
Jun. 12, 2010, 02:39 PM
We'll be there! I'm doing the N3D and at least 2 friends will be entering the T3D. I didn't think there were going to be fences on the steeplechase either...the fact that the brush is "not to exceed 3'6" makes me go :eek:...my horse WILL jump the whole thing. I can't wait!!!

Hilary
Jun. 12, 2010, 07:02 PM
Alas not this year but last year was so much fun - please, if you can, support this event!! Not only will you have the most amazing "endurance day" you'll learn a ton about your horse and the results will carry over into the future. Regular XC is boring now.

And more importantly, I attribute last year's 3-day experience to the transformation of my "ooh, not sure I wanna" horse to the "get outta my way and let me do my job" horse I've been riding since. (now we just need to fine tune the 'torpedo' to 'guided missle"!)

A long format * is my 2011 goal. And woo hoo that Novice gets to jump on phase B.

RiverBendPol
Jun. 14, 2010, 11:57 AM
Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I am quietly aiming for the T. Do not say it out loud, PLEASE. Trot sets in earnest began today. Horse is fitter than I. Fingers and toes crossed as of this morning. Room is reserved. I haven't done a full format since Mikey and I ran around Virginia in....2005? OMG, there is NOTHING as good.

frugalannie
Jun. 14, 2010, 12:17 PM
YAY POL!!!

OK, now I need help from someone smarter than I am.

I'd like to enter the T3D tomorrow, Opening Day, but I can't seem to find out the entry and stabling fees. Can someone help me? I have e-mailied GMHA,but not received an answer yet.

Thanks in advance.

scubed
Jun. 14, 2010, 01:02 PM
Fees:

Entries available on www.EquestrianEntries.com or by mail. Checks payable to GMHA send with Equestrian Entries receipt or USEA Entry form 2010.

3 Day Event Fee: $425 includes stabling 8/10/10- 8/13/10 until 1 pm. August Horse Trials Fee: $180, Stabling fee: $95.00 8/13/10-8/15/10 starts 2 pm. Entries without payment will not be accepted.

This is on the omnibus page at www.useventing.com. Appears to be $425 for either T3DE or N3DE including stabling

frugalannie
Jun. 14, 2010, 01:35 PM
This is on the omnibus page at www.useventing.com (http://www.useventing.com). Appears to be $425 for either T3DE or N3DE including stabling

Thanks, scubed. And GMHA just e-mailed me back as well.

frugalannie
Jun. 15, 2010, 07:16 PM
'Kay, I'm tempting the fates by posting this here, but...

I sent in my entry. EEEK! How can I possibly be ready in time!

RiverBendPol
Jun. 15, 2010, 07:17 PM
'Kay, I'm tempting the fates by posting this here, but...

I sent in my entry. EEEK! How can I possibly be ready in time!

Holy Toledo, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

KMErickson
Jun. 15, 2010, 10:04 PM
Papa and I are driving the ponies back from CA, and we put our entries in the mail today from Sidney, NE!! We're so excited!

eponacowgirl
Jun. 15, 2010, 10:25 PM
OMG! I WANT! Anyone else holding a N3D this year?!

RiverBendPol
Jun. 15, 2010, 11:10 PM
Papa and I are driving the ponies back from CA, and we put our entries in the mail today from Sidney, NE!! We're so excited!

EntrIES??? You mean Papa put in an entry TOO??????????? WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO. Go Tom, you rock star, you!:winkgrin: Dually?? Awesome.

KMErickson
Jun. 16, 2010, 12:35 AM
EntrIES??? You mean Papa put in an entry TOO??????????? WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO. Go Tom, you rock star, you!:winkgrin: Dually?? Awesome.

Yes he's entered the Dude!!! I'm so excited to try to be half as good a ten minute box crew to him as he's been to me all these years :D

RiverBendPol
Jun. 16, 2010, 08:02 AM
Yes he's entered the Dude!!! I'm so excited to try to be half as good a ten minute box crew to him as he's been to me all these years :D

Awwwwwwwwwwww, you're breakin' my heart. It is TOO CUTE. :sadsmile:

Badger
Jun. 16, 2010, 09:11 AM
I just realized last night that my youngster is already qualified for a T3D and I would love to do one. Wish VT was a wee bit closer than 1,400 miles or I would be sending in my entry. Hope to make it to Midsouth.