PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Clinic with Lucinda Green at Wayne DuPage HT

daddynme4ever
Jun. 10, 2010, 09:05 AM
Thank you to The Wayne DuPage Horse Trials Team who hosted an amazing clinic with Lucinda Green this past weekend June 6th and 7th.

The expert "hands on" coaching and training I received was invaluable and Lucinda is amazing. Lucinda challenged me and my horse to a level that I could never have anticipated. She never took her eye off of us, and although she expects you to follow her instructions, she was not unreasonable about her instructions or requests. I have never gotten more from a clinic than I did this past weekend. (she gave me plenty of homework!)

Lucinda showed me that my (young horse) is quite capable of getting us out of trouble if I allow him to do so.

We accomplished questions and jumps that I had previously walked past saying "I will never jump something like that!"... (and we jumped them with ease)

The Wayne DuPage Horse Trials Venue offered two extensive water complexes, dozens of beautiful jumps at every level, ditches, and open terrain for galloping.

Count me in for next year Erin! (and thanks Lucinda Green!)

MF

cllane1
Jun. 10, 2010, 09:23 AM
She's fantastic, isn't she? I rode in a clinic with her in April, and loved every second of it.

daddynme4ever
Jun. 10, 2010, 10:07 AM
Well, I could have rambled on & on since I have taken many clinics with other high level riders, and truthfully, I was never challenged to this degree (yet not over-faced for one moment). It takes an expert to accomplish that I think.

SueCoo2
Jun. 10, 2010, 11:01 AM
My green bean (Kikki) and I are doing a clinic with her next week at Greenwood Farm (Area V) and I am just too excited!!! :D :yes: :winkgrin:

Firefox
Jun. 10, 2010, 12:42 PM
Love Lucinda!! She is great, glad you had a great time!!!

JFS
Jun. 10, 2010, 10:12 PM
We had day one of Lucinda at our farm today. And it was fabulous as ever. Lucinda has been coming here for 15 years and I never get tired of her and all the interesting new exercises she comes up with.

So glad it wasn't yesterday when we had an all day rain ;)

Looking forward to cross country tomorrow!!

Jackie

KateWooten
Jun. 10, 2010, 10:21 PM
I would love to ride with her. I still think of her as Lucinda Prior-Palmer, as she was when I used to read about her in H&H (I am OLD!) ... how do you find out about clinics in advance ?

horsecents
Jun. 11, 2010, 08:56 PM
Great clinic with Lucinda at JFS's farm today and yesterday. Love it that she keeps it simple but gets her point across. Had the privilege of her getting on my horse today and taking him for a spin over some XC fences after our class was done :winkgrin: .