PDA

View Full Version : How many stallions who went through the US 100 Day Test have/had an FEI career?

Cartier
Nov. 18, 2004, 03:32 AM
How many of the stallions who went through the US 100DT have (or had) an FEI career?

Not sure if this is accurate, but it looks like there were tests in this country in 1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2004. IF there were 20 stallions at each of these tests, then there have been roughly 240 stallions tested here. OF those 240, how many have had an FEI career. We can think of:

1. Rio Grande - a world class Show Jumper, qualified for the 1996 Olympics for Canada, I think Rio Grande was the 5th stallion to ever go clean in the Shell Cup Derby (sp?) at Spruce Meadows( in the history of the event). - STPT: 1991 at November Hill Farm, VA, 135.39 points

2. Davignport - (with Bent Jensen) got to I1- STPT: 1998 at Batavia, OH, 104.55 points

3. Pikör - I1 (Dressage)- November Hill in 1991 - medical excuse on final days of testing

4. Olympic Idocus - winner of the 100DT here also presented at the Hengstkeuring in Den Bosch in Febuary 2001. "He was accepted to go to Ermelo for the short 3 week test of the 70 day stallion performance testing. He was reviewed by the stallion committee and was named an "Approved" stallion at the end of his testing on March 31st, 2001. Idocus is the first stallion to be born in the Netherlands, "made" in the USA and returned to the Netherlands for Approval."

5.Webster - Dressage PSG/I1

6. Wradar - I1 Dressage - STPT: 1998 at Batavia, OH, 123.29 points

7. Waldaire - I1 Dressage - STPT: 1994 at Kentucky Horse Park, KY, 85.84 points. Currently competing GP.

8. Kevekko - I1 Dressage - STPT: 1998 at Batavia, OH, 117.85 points

9. Da Vinci - I1 Dressage - STPT: 1993 at November Hill Farm, VA, 113.46 points

10. Fuerst Gotthard - GP show jumping - STPT: 1986 at Commonwealth Park, VA, 132.24 points

11. Alternativ - Dressage- STPT: 1986 at Commonwealth Park, VA, 111.87 points

12. Frohwind - Dressage - STPT: 1988 at Rancho Murieta, CA, 137.54 points

13. Flambou - GP show jumping - 1994 at Kentucky Horse Park, KY, 126.54 points

14. Gallarius - GP show jumping and competing FEI Dressage

15. Pharoah - FEI Dressage, to GP

16. Bordeaux - Dressage -STPT: 1991 at November Hill Farm, VA, 130.13 points

17. Agincourt - GP jumper with Hap Hansen, retired from show jumping at 13. Agincourt will compete at PSG this year. STPT: 1994 at Kentucky Horse Park, KY, 108.12 points

18. Special Memories - grand prix jumpers, including placing in FEI World cup qualifiers - STPT: 1990 at Rancho Murieta, CA

19. Donavan - 1988 at Rancho Murieta, CA, 136.16 points

20. Maronjo - winner of the 1987 NovemberHill test 138.06 overall, 133.25 dressage, 136.91 jumping. Competed PSG/I1

21. Palladium - 1991 November Hill, 106.99 overall, 98.45 dressage, 117.48 jumping. Competed GP jumping

22. Florian - GP Dressage - 1986 Commonwealth Park in Virginia. 114.30 points and was 5/12. Florian's owner sent him to the 100 Day Test UNBROKEN!!! He still came out 5/12!

Cartier
Nov. 18, 2004, 03:32 AM
How many of the stallions who went through the US 100DT have (or had) an FEI career?

Not sure if this is accurate, but it looks like there were tests in this country in 1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2004. IF there were 20 stallions at each of these tests, then there have been roughly 240 stallions tested here. OF those 240, how many have had an FEI career. We can think of:

1. Rio Grande - a world class Show Jumper, qualified for the 1996 Olympics for Canada, I think Rio Grande was the 5th stallion to ever go clean in the Shell Cup Derby (sp?) at Spruce Meadows( in the history of the event). - STPT: 1991 at November Hill Farm, VA, 135.39 points

2. Davignport - (with Bent Jensen) got to I1- STPT: 1998 at Batavia, OH, 104.55 points

3. Pikör - I1 (Dressage)- November Hill in 1991 - medical excuse on final days of testing

4. Olympic Idocus - winner of the 100DT here also presented at the Hengstkeuring in Den Bosch in Febuary 2001. "He was accepted to go to Ermelo for the short 3 week test of the 70 day stallion performance testing. He was reviewed by the stallion committee and was named an "Approved" stallion at the end of his testing on March 31st, 2001. Idocus is the first stallion to be born in the Netherlands, "made" in the USA and returned to the Netherlands for Approval."

5.Webster - Dressage PSG/I1

6. Wradar - I1 Dressage - STPT: 1998 at Batavia, OH, 123.29 points

7. Waldaire - I1 Dressage - STPT: 1994 at Kentucky Horse Park, KY, 85.84 points. Currently competing GP.

8. Kevekko - I1 Dressage - STPT: 1998 at Batavia, OH, 117.85 points

9. Da Vinci - I1 Dressage - STPT: 1993 at November Hill Farm, VA, 113.46 points

10. Fuerst Gotthard - GP show jumping - STPT: 1986 at Commonwealth Park, VA, 132.24 points

11. Alternativ - Dressage- STPT: 1986 at Commonwealth Park, VA, 111.87 points

12. Frohwind - Dressage - STPT: 1988 at Rancho Murieta, CA, 137.54 points

13. Flambou - GP show jumping - 1994 at Kentucky Horse Park, KY, 126.54 points

14. Gallarius - GP show jumping and competing FEI Dressage

15. Pharoah - FEI Dressage, to GP

16. Bordeaux - Dressage -STPT: 1991 at November Hill Farm, VA, 130.13 points

17. Agincourt - GP jumper with Hap Hansen, retired from show jumping at 13. Agincourt will compete at PSG this year. STPT: 1994 at Kentucky Horse Park, KY, 108.12 points

18. Special Memories - grand prix jumpers, including placing in FEI World cup qualifiers - STPT: 1990 at Rancho Murieta, CA

19. Donavan - 1988 at Rancho Murieta, CA, 136.16 points

20. Maronjo - winner of the 1987 NovemberHill test 138.06 overall, 133.25 dressage, 136.91 jumping. Competed PSG/I1

21. Palladium - 1991 November Hill, 106.99 overall, 98.45 dressage, 117.48 jumping. Competed GP jumping

22. Florian - GP Dressage - 1986 Commonwealth Park in Virginia. 114.30 points and was 5/12. Florian's owner sent him to the 100 Day Test UNBROKEN!!! He still came out 5/12!

Sporthorse South
Nov. 18, 2004, 04:05 AM
Frohwind showed to FEI. Donavan went to GP. I believe that Di Vinci is also at FEI level now. Tallison competed through 4th Level - don't know if he made it to FEI though. Didn't Fuerst Gotthard also compete to FEI?

serenityfarm
Nov. 18, 2004, 04:11 AM
What about Contigo M? I thought he went grand prix. I have not seen as much about hime lately, where did he go?

pintofoal
Nov. 18, 2004, 04:14 AM
Lets not forget Idocus (http://www.nawpn.org/Idocus.pdf)
Winner of his US testing at November Hill Farm

Cartier
Nov. 18, 2004, 04:20 AM
4th level is not FEI. According to Beth’s website DiVinci is at 4th level. Maybe she can say if he has competed above that level.

Rather than the “it’s something like” kind of misinformation (or he is schooling blah, blah, blah), I would like stallions from our 100DT who have actually competed at the FEI level.

Bundy
Nov. 18, 2004, 04:22 AM
Webster showed Dressage PSG/I1 before his early death. He did his test the same year as Idocus at November Hill

Sporthorse South
Nov. 18, 2004, 04:40 AM
Cartier, please don't start that again. You asked a question, I was trying to offer some helpful information. There is no need for your continual nasty and insulting comments toward me. Let's play nice, shall we? Otherwise this forum might get locked down again. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/uhoh.gif

Cartier
Nov. 18, 2004, 04:53 AM
Chris, you wrote, <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>... I believe that Di Vinci is also at FEI level now. Tallison competed through 4th Level - don't know if he made it to FEI though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am not responding to your personal comments about me. AS for this thread, I simply want accurate information. That is not personal, it is simply a request for accurate information. 4th level is not FEI. That is not personal… that is a fact. The information you posted on that other thread was not accurate… that is not personal.. that is a fact.
All my best to you and yours - Elaine

Sporthorse South
Nov. 18, 2004, 05:39 AM
Cartier, I am well aware that 4th Level is not FEI. I was simply trying - once again - to offer some helpful information. Some of the horses that I mentioned that showed through 4th Level MAY have gone past that. I figured that since you have so much free time on your hands, you could probably find out. I can now see that you are more intent in denigrating me than in focusing on your research project. Sorry to have upset your little world again this morning.

Cartier
Nov. 18, 2004, 05:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Cartier, ...since you have so much free time on your hands, you could probably find out. I can now see that you are more intent in denigrating me than in focusing on your research project. Sorry to have upset your little world again this morning. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again Chris, you are making personal comments about me and what you think are my intentions. These types of posts are too personal and should not be allowed on this forum. Please note, I am not speculating about you and your intentions.

I will repeat, I am interested in stallions who have actually competed at the FEI level. You mentioned 4th level horses, 4th level is not FEI.

ise@ssl
Nov. 18, 2004, 05:51 AM
PHAROH, ALTERNATIV; DAVINCI (West.); KEVEKKO; WALDAIRE;WRADAR;

There are several that went through the testing here who have and still are competing in the Jumpers - but I'm not sure if it's GP.

Also I know of at least 4 to 5 other stallions that are showing 4th and schooling FEI and will probably move up in 2005 or soon after.

Regarding DiVinci - Beth had him at a clinic I sponsored with S. Keisewetter in Sept. - he's schooling FEI movements - so it wouldn't be surprising to see them PSG in 2004.

I know there are other stallions who have either died or retired and aren't breeding - so there could be several others.

Cartier
Nov. 18, 2004, 05:55 AM
Ilona,

If you could link us to specific information. that would be helpful. I do not want to include the "showing 4th but schooling GP." I want actually competing at FEI.

HFSH
Nov. 18, 2004, 05:58 AM
STOP FIGHTING.

Now back to our regularly scheduled chat...

Donavan competed through GP.

ise@ssl
Nov. 18, 2004, 06:10 AM
Well some of the horses I saw compete GP, there are some that have scores from USDF shows, Wradar was on the Pan Am team with a rider from outside the country. Just check their individual websites.

Again - as far as the jumpers - others will have to weigh in.

Cartier
Nov. 18, 2004, 06:10 AM
Ilona,

Found all but PHAROH, ALTERNATIV (can find his website). Is Pharaoh still a stallion, is he by Parabol? I've added the rest, thanks for the info.

ise@ssl
Nov. 18, 2004, 06:14 AM
Pharoh may not still be competing. Alternativ is 23 - retired - Margaret Goodell owns him.

BTW - I only went through the ISR/OLDNA current breeders guide. If people have breeders guides for the other registries they can verify. Our guide lists where they were tested so it's easy to track - plus ours publishes all the detailed scores from the testing here and in Europe every year - facilitates research.

HFSH
Nov. 18, 2004, 06:19 AM
Hey guys I think Pharaoh might be in Germany now. Susan sent her boys over there according to her ads on AgDirect.

Spectrum
Nov. 18, 2004, 06:43 AM
Hi guys,

Of the Thomas Farms stallions that attended the US 100 DT, all three went on to FEI careers.

Flambou did GP show jumping

Gallarius did both GP show jumping and FEI dressage (I believe he is actually showing GP now).

Pharoah also went on to FEI dressage; GP I believe.

Gallarius and Pharoah were both in Germany training and competing last I heard.

Another horse that went throught the 100 DT here and is on the cusp of showing FEI dressage is Olivier (Owillie) by Idocus. He will be making his FEI debut this spring, and from what I've seen he will be coming out with a bang! He will definitely be one to watch for next year.

Spectrum.

edited to say: Sue Thomas's website is www.thomasfarm.com (http://www.thomasfarm.com) if you want pictures, etc. Last I checked the performance results were sadly out of date for all three stallions, though (as in, 7-8 years out of date).

Cartier
Nov. 18, 2004, 07:13 AM
thanks!

ise@ssl
Nov. 18, 2004, 07:13 AM
You are right about Gallarius - we bred to him - he was in the GP jumpers then - switched to Dressage with Michael Barisone riding. I know he went PSG while here in NJ.

HFSH
Nov. 18, 2004, 07:27 AM
I loff my Olivier colt from this year. He's gorgeous!

Go Fizzy!

sylvan farm
Nov. 18, 2004, 09:13 AM
Our stallion Agincourt, tested in '92, became a GP jumper with Hap Hansen, retired from show jumping at 13. Agincourt will compete at PSG this year having competed successfully (scores in the mid-60's) at 4th level.

Great idea to compile a list of those US tested stallions that have gone on to become successful performance horses. This is the kind of information that should be available to mare owners.

jackie
Nov. 18, 2004, 09:58 AM
Special Memories competed grand prix jumpers, including placing in FEI World cup qualifiers.

Cartier
Nov. 18, 2004, 01:12 PM
Thanks once again guys... great info...

I think I've updated the OP with everything so far. And, I found info about the stallions scores and test dates and added that too.

talloaks
Nov. 18, 2004, 01:29 PM
jackie posted:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Special Memories competed grand prix jumpers, including placing in FEI World cup qualifiers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you tell me more about Special Memories and his breeding please. I'm drawing a blank!! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/sigh.gif

Cartier
Nov. 18, 2004, 01:39 PM
Thanks for bringing that up Bernie, I couldn’t find him. Jackie???

jackie
Nov. 18, 2004, 01:43 PM
Special Memories is by Abdullah out of kluwall xx (dam of touch of class). I think he did the 100 DT in 1990 when it was in california. Unfortunately he was sick out there, but he still managed to pass!

Cartier
Nov. 18, 2004, 01:46 PM
Thank you Jackie… I updated the OP…
btw, where is he now? And is it possible he was also known under a different name?

CathyKb
Nov. 18, 2004, 01:52 PM
Here is the website for Special Memories
Special Memories (http://www.touchstonevalleyfarm.com/)

jackie
Nov. 18, 2004, 02:06 PM
Touch wood he is alive, well and still very sound in Md.

You can see him at www.touchstonevalleyfarm.com (http://www.touchstonevalleyfarm.com)

Thanks for asking!

crestline
Nov. 18, 2004, 02:36 PM
I also think the list might be worth mentioning the stallions that were tested and went on to have amazing hunter careers...

Jupiter is the obvious one that comes to mind...

Cartier
Nov. 18, 2004, 02:51 PM
Andrea... very good idea... but can you (or anyone) tell me what Hunter requirements would (if completed) earn a stallion his lifetime breeding license with a WB registry. I am not familiar with Hunters, I know that the Dutch have a Hunter "program" (or they are about to launch one), and I think Oldenburg North American has at least one stallion who earned a life time breeding license because of his Hunter Division record. But I am not familiar with the requirements.

And Jackie and Cathy... thanks for the link http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Oakstable
Nov. 18, 2004, 03:24 PM
Excellent idea. Where will this list be kept and updaTED FOR accuracy?

Thanks.
Sally

crestline
Nov. 19, 2004, 08:13 AM
Here is hunter info from ISR/OLDNA website:

Hunter stallions may receive a Lifetime Breeding License on a case by case basis if they have superior show records (e.g. won "regular" or "2nd year" National Year End Awards or Championships).

I don't know what the Dutch are doing with their new Hunter book...and not sure which if any of the others allow hunter records for performance requirements.

Cartier
Nov. 19, 2004, 08:30 AM
Thanks Andrea…

This thread is about data on stallions who went through the 100DT and then went on to actually have an FEI career (and therefore would have also actually earned a lifetime breeding license through performance in the upper levels of sport). So, if there are stallions who went through the 100DT and earned the Hunter equivalent of the FEI level of Hunters, let’s add them too *

*maybe with an asterisk explanation

And Sally,

I think we should each keep a copy of this list and update it from time to time… One huge advantage of posting it is that we get input about stallions we seldom hear of.. brilliant competitors who, for what ever reason, seem to fall off the radar screen.

Bundy
Nov. 19, 2004, 08:55 AM
Maronjo - winner of the 1987 NovemberHill test 138.06 overall, 133.25 dressage, 136.91 jumping.
Competed PSG/I1

Palladium - 1991 November Hill, 106.99 overall, 98.45 dressage, 117.48 jumping. Competed GP jumping

talloaks
Nov. 19, 2004, 05:50 PM
Almost forget FLORIAN!!!!! Florian is the sire of CALEB!! Florian was in the 1986 stallion testing at Commonwealth Park in Virginia. 114.30 points and was 5/12. Florian is winning in Grand Prix Dressage. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/winkgrin.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/winkgrin.gif Think I should mention that Florian's owner told me she sent him to the 100 Day Test UNBROKEN!!! He still came out 5/12!! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/winkgrin.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/winkgrin.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/winkgrin.gif

Ashemont
Nov. 19, 2004, 06:15 PM
While I'm honored that Pikör is on the list I need to make sure everyone understands that he did not complete the test: he was given a medical excuse on the final days of testing. Also, although schooling GP he died before we were able to show him at that level. Thus the highest level he competed was I-1.

He did the testing at November Hill in 1991 - the same year as Rio Grande, Bordeaux, Gold Luck, Palladium, Wendesohn and a little gray stallion named Marquee... who I believe went on to compete thru Preliminary level in eventing. Although Marquee was only 3 years old and the youngest horse at the test he finished a repectable 5th, if my memory serves me correctly.

risingstarfarm
Nov. 19, 2004, 06:40 PM
Actually, the BWP also has instituted a program that permits stallions to fulfill their performance requirements as a hunter. The requirements will be introduced in 2005. However, the stallions still need to present on the triangle and freejump the same gymnastics as the "traditional" stallion candidates for their approval and are judged by Belgian inspectors.

Here is an example of the hunter requirements:

In order to satisfy performance requirements, horses must compete in at least 4 “A” rated competitions and finish in the top 50% of
their Zone – as reported by the USEF.
3 year olds: Fence heights at least 3’ — for example: Pre-green hunter

4 year olds: Fence heights at least 3’3”— for example: High Pre-Green (3’3”) or Adult/Amateur

and so on......

sid
Nov. 20, 2004, 05:12 AM
What about stallions that went to the test, but didn't finish (for whatever reason), but went on to obtain lifetime breeding approval on FEI performance records?

My stallion Boleem is one, and as noted above Pikor was one? Any others?

Cartier
Nov. 20, 2004, 05:25 AM
Susan,

There are a few stallions in this category. I think that if they made it past the mid-point of the test and went on to an FEI career they should be on the list… we can put a notation that they did not complete the test. Clearly they had merit.

Can you give me the data on Boleem?

-Elaine

Cartier
Nov. 20, 2004, 06:42 AM
Susan,
That is excellent.. but the thread is about stallions that went through the 100 Day Test in the United States.

sid
Nov. 20, 2004, 06:48 AM
Ooops...my mistake. I'll delete.

Oakstable
Nov. 20, 2004, 06:54 AM
What about adding Boleem to the list with a footnote that his test was in Holland? And any others whose test was overseas? I'm just grateful to have a list of stallions who competed at the highest levels of the sports.

And for his owner, wouldn't he qualify for approval with the NA/WPN with his performance results?

Cartier
Nov. 20, 2004, 07:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm just grateful to have a list of stallions who competed at the highest levels of the sports. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oakstable,

I agree that such a list is VERY useful too. SO, you could copy the data from this list, change the title and start a separate thread of all Tested stallions who are (or have) competed at the FEI level in sport, irrespective of where in the world they stand.

I have a feeling the number of FEI stallions will not be as high as we might expect. But it would be interesting to see.

Sonesta
Nov. 20, 2004, 08:22 AM
This is a great and helpful listing. I have contacted Erin and asked if this thread (when complete) can be saved in the Favorites Archive for future reference.

Oakstable
Nov. 20, 2004, 08:35 AM
Great idea, Sonesta.

In the whole scheme of things, the stud fee for an FEI competitor should be higher than one just starting out or who did not make it through the levels due to injury, or lesser talent.

I'd like to be able to refer to such a list for both US testing and European testing. The test scores are just one indicastor.