PDA

View Full Version : Hoofwings boots?

Dressage Art
Jun. 5, 2010, 01:08 AM
What do you think about Hoofwings boots? http://www.hoofwings.com/index.html

My other option is renegade and may be easyboot edge.

baylady7
Jun. 5, 2010, 03:11 PM
Howdy
I use them after trying some other options and am very happy. I can only speak for rides under 15-20 miles we don't ride more than 2-3 hours on rides, normally usually one hour. e have also used them in the ring to train flatwork/dressage and some small fences.

The folks who run the company are most helpful and work with any issues you may experience.

oldpony66
Jun. 7, 2010, 04:26 PM
I used Hoofwings on a small pony a few years ago, mainly for driving on roads. Nowhere else could I get a quality boot for her in her size, and these folks CUSTOM MADE boots for her.

The first set of four came in and two promptly fell apart. They had kept the tracings and immediately made a new pair and sent them out even before receiving the fallen-apart pair. After that the only problem I ever encountered was that one of them used to turn a little on her tiny little feet. Her feet were almost round, and I think it would be nearly impossible to stop the turning. It never slowed her down it just made for weird wear&tear on the boot. The boots lasted two years at least. Also I found no problems with rubbing.

They have at least a couple styles. The kind I had used a loop over a hook type of closure. That was my one :cry: because those broke a few times, and stretched out. I was able to replace them myself, but it was a bit annoying.

Auventera Two
Jun. 8, 2010, 08:53 AM
I see a woman at trail rides here who always has them on her horse, so she must be happy with them.

baylady7
Jun. 8, 2010, 05:01 PM
Just wanted to mention I used mine on a 2 hr ride this past weekend, inlcuding through creeks and several patches of sucking mud and the things stayed put no problem. Just hosed them off when I got home. I cannot say enough good about them,