PDA

View Full Version : Very Excited!

ReeseTheBeast
Jun. 2, 2010, 08:15 AM
Some of you may or may not recall that I had been dealing with multiple lameness issues with my horse, Reese, over the last few years.

For a while, we weren't sure if he'd really be able to be ridden again, but I was ok with that- as long as we could get him pasture sound I would be a happy camper :yes:

Well.... after working with a phenomenal farrier and an equally amazing trainer, Reese is *sound* (knock wood) and is looking, moving and feeling better than he ever has.

We recently started jumping again, and lucky for me, my BO is a fantastic photographer (I gave her extended custody of my digital SLR since she uses it so much better than I do).

I have made my favorite picture of us my profile picture, and I wanted to share it with all of you (please ignore my equitation- :o or lack thereof :o - it's been a long time!) Seeing pictures of him just makes me so proud to be his person. :D

I would post more, but I can't access any hosting sites (photobucket, etc.) from work. If I have time after riding tonight, I will do so, if anyone is interested in seeing them :)

I would normally feel weird about forcing my pictures on people, but I know that you guys understand how big of a deal this is to me/us. So thanks for being part of my celebration! :cool: :D :)

Polydor
Jun. 2, 2010, 09:01 AM
Don't recall your posts but glad to hear he's back sound and happy! :D Looks like a cute one. And that is quite the colourful jump! :D

P.

Zu Zu
Jun. 2, 2010, 09:34 AM
Congratulations & Enjoy !!!!

ReeseTheBeast
Jun. 2, 2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks guys, much appreciated :yes:

I probably should have posted this in Off Course, but whatever :D

see u at x
Jun. 2, 2010, 10:29 AM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! What great news!!! I was just thinking of you the other day and wondering how you have been as I haven't seen you post in a while (I may just not be reading the right threads!). Your name came up in conversation when I was chatting with my friend about "the x-ray vet" and your problems in getting those x-rays from him. And of course, I always think of you and your cell phone photos whenever crazy Rita's name comes up in conversation! :lol: Are you still boarding at the same barn you were at a couple of years ago?

ReeseTheBeast
Jun. 2, 2010, 12:14 PM
That's so funny!!! I was just thinking about you the other day too, and how I secretly took a pictures of Rita on my cell phone and sent them to you while I was teaching a lesson! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm no longer boarding there, but am still in the same area.

Where are you these days??

see u at x
Jun. 2, 2010, 12:42 PM
That was so hilarious...God bless poor Rita...and that poor pony of hers! I so do hope he ended up with a good home and someone who loves him.

Currently I'm still boarding in VA, but I spend a lot of time over in Accokeek at my old barn helping out my friend with her horses. There's a lot to fill you in on that I can't get into publicly, but we should meet up for coffee or lunch some Sat. or Sun. to catch up! :yes:

ReeseTheBeast
Jun. 2, 2010, 01:16 PM
Sunday would be perfect! :yes:

I'll PM you my number, because I don't think I have yours in my cell anymore (that was many phones ago :lol:)

Looking forward to it!

Showpony
Jun. 2, 2010, 02:46 PM
Well you know I couldn't be happier!!! He looks like a million bucks (you look pretty good yourself!). Wishing you and Reese continued health and happiness!

blackcat95
Jun. 2, 2010, 03:17 PM
Congratulations!!! He's adorable...

ReeseTheBeast
Jun. 2, 2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks so much! And Showpony, I know we are both reveling in the happiness :D