PDA

View Full Version : Note to self - super glue might help my leg...

Hunter Mom
Jun. 1, 2010, 11:49 PM
I guess I shouldn't have bragged that my leg was tight last week. Tonight, it was loose as a, well, it was loose. I saw my distances. My release was fine. Willie was his usual rock-star self. I just could NOT keep my leg tight. Sigh.

Thursday that will probably be the only thing that IS right. :sadsmile:

Don't you hate it when one thing just won't fall into place?

Alterius
Jun. 2, 2010, 12:44 AM
ugh! I've been there before :)

Simbalism
Jun. 2, 2010, 01:34 AM
I believe in cheating. If I am wearing schooling stuff(1/2 chaps) I use a leather conditioner that has a "tacky" consistancy. When I am wearing tall boots, I keep a piece of beeswax to rub on stirrup leathers and inside of boots where leathers make contact. Being older, I need every advantage...at least that is what I tell myself...hehe.

doublesstable
Jun. 2, 2010, 03:55 AM
Oh I get it.... I totally cannot ride in my old saddle... I have been riding in my trainers saddle and what a difference....

I wonder what the issue was with your ride and the loose leg thing? Nothing different?

Like the other poster said, did you wear half chaps??? not tall boots?

caradino
Jun. 2, 2010, 10:03 AM
some days, you just can't keep it together.

it happens to all of us!

drop your stirrups until your next lesson! that will tighten you right up. :)

LShipley
Jun. 2, 2010, 10:08 AM
I had that problem last night. My legs were not working correctly, but I swear two days ago my lower leg and had been stable and strong.

Honestly - I sometimes blame it on the time of day. My horse and I are definitely morning creatures (cooler, calmer ...), but during the week, I can only go out in the evenings. I also blame it on yoga - I am just not fit enough (yet!) that I can do a challenging yoga class at lunch and then go ride in the evening and actually use my legs. Yet for some reason, I stubbornly persist in doing yoga on the days I plan to go ride later on ...

Hunter Mom
Jun. 2, 2010, 10:34 AM
I always ride in tall boots. The frustrating part is that next time, my leg will be fine but soemthing else will be icky. I guess it just makes the days when everything falls together even better.

scribbles
Jun. 2, 2010, 01:57 PM
Dont feel bad, i had a serious case of loose leg on the FLAT yesterday. UGH.

jumpingmaya
Jun. 2, 2010, 02:28 PM
Not to highjack... but anyone else notice a difference when you are going through those couple days of the month....
I literally felt like I had never ridden in my life before yesterday... and on the flat that is.... all over the place...
Always like that the first day of my period :no:
Either way, taking stirrups off for a good two weeks is my battle plan!