PDA

View Full Version : Tack repair in central/southwestern NY?

Runinonjoy
Jun. 1, 2010, 11:44 AM
I have an old Steuben saddle that needs reflocking. I know it's a long shot, but can anyone recommend someone near-ish to Syracuse? I also travel quite a bit to Elmira, Watkins Glen, Ithaca, Auburn, etc. so somewhere in that area would work as well. I've googled it and searched yellow pages with no luck. Bob Boutell in Brewerton, who was highly recommended, is no longer in business. I also tried a place outside of Ithaca but they no longer do repairs. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

classicsporthorses
Jun. 1, 2010, 02:28 PM
If you're in the greater Ithaca area, try a stop at Lilley's tack and feed on Route 13 coming into Dryden from Cortland. I get stuff repaired there and ask if they can reflock. Wonderful people and great prices.

Hey, if you have any extra time then drop down and visit out farm, only 12 miles from Dryden. The horses love company!

MHM
Jun. 1, 2010, 03:01 PM
See if you can track down Jim Robeson in Mendon/Rochester, if you go out that way at all.

Mali
Jun. 1, 2010, 11:18 PM
I believe you can also send them back to Stubben to be reflocked. I think the address is somewhere in Virginia.

Runinonjoy
Jun. 2, 2010, 09:43 AM
Thanks everyone! I go right past Lilley's on Rte 13 almost every week, so I'll try that first. Oh, and my bad on misspelling Stubben!

Classicsporthorses- thanks for the invite! Judging by your website, the farm and horses look amazing!!

classicsporthorses
Jun. 2, 2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks Run, it's easy to get to. Shoot me a PM when you want to stop by-afternoons are best. Then you can meet them in person (and the ones who are not on the website) and meet the famous Opie!