PDA

View Full Version : reasonably priced barns on south shore of Boston?

claytonoliver
Jun. 1, 2010, 10:16 AM
Hello,

I'm looking for a h/j barn on the south shore near route 3. The must haves are extremely good care and training and at least part day turnout on grass with a buddy. I need to save some money so can not do a show barn, no indoor is fine. I have the "A" quality horse without the "A" quality budget, so to speak. Essentially I'm trying to find the hidden gem of a barn where the people and care are great and where I can progress with my horse without going into debt ;) - I'd appreciate any recommendations or suggestions.

Thanks! :D

Riley0522
Jun. 1, 2010, 10:33 AM
What do you consider reasonably priced?

claytonoliver
Jun. 1, 2010, 10:39 AM
thanks for your reply- I'd like to get board down to $600 or lower and would like to pay less than the standard $70-80 per lesson. I'm happy to do an hour group lesson to make that happen, not all barns have that as an option, however.

thanks.

toomanyponies
Jun. 1, 2010, 04:53 PM
ouch - good luck

Riley0522
Jun. 1, 2010, 10:35 PM
That's going to be a tough find for your requirements and price range in this area. My only advice would be do your research, there's usually a reason the price is that low if they boast all the amenities you are looking for at a price like that, this is an expensive area to keep/show horses.

2boys
Jun. 2, 2010, 07:00 AM
Well, the lack of indoor could save you. :) Check equinesite.com.

claytonoliver
Jun. 2, 2010, 11:21 AM
Yes I know it's difficult. I've boarded in the area for awhile and I know how it goes. I'm just hoping that by not needing an indoor I could bring down the price some. Also, I'm open to other options such as working off part of my board/doing a co-op, doing a half lease, allowing a barn to use my horse for lessons, or boarding at a straight boarding barn and finding a trainer to come to me. I know it's a needle in a haystack but I figured it doesn't hurt trying.

Chaila
Jun. 2, 2010, 10:08 PM
Saw this on Equinesite. $500/month in Pembroke.

https://www.equimarket.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?db=h_stalls&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=12603&query=retrieval