PDA

View Full Version : Daughter's horse in PH

Skip's Rider
May. 31, 2010, 06:48 PM
My daughter's horse is the top photo in this month's Conformation Critique in Practical Horseman! She was so excited to see him there. I don't subscribe anymore, so I haven't read the text yet other than the snippet my daughter posted on her Facebook status.
"He has a beautiful, classic head with an expressive, alert eye and sculpted nostrils. This pose shows off the width between his eyes, traditionally a sign of intelligence."

He certainly is an intelligent horse. He's now 21 years old and still jumps 2'6" courses with ease. He was reserve champion and won the under saddle at his last horse show in April. He's a Penn State University bred horse -- Skip's Reality. That's how I got my COTH name. I used to be Skip's Rider. Now I just feed him horse cookies! Thanks for letting me have a little brag.

Anyplace Farm
May. 31, 2010, 07:49 PM
That's totally cool! I will look for him. Do you know how long ago she submitted the photo?

jumpingmaya
May. 31, 2010, 09:19 PM
Wow how exciting :)
And he sounds amazing... I'm going to look at my PH to see him :D

fourmares
Jun. 1, 2010, 02:33 AM
My friend and I both picked him first out of the group. He's really cute.

bizbachfan
Jun. 1, 2010, 08:22 AM
He is cute in PH says he is 12, not 21. Wow he looks great for 21.

Personal Champ
Jun. 1, 2010, 10:13 AM
I agree that I also picked him first. He is very cute, congrats!

Phaxxton
Jun. 1, 2010, 10:27 AM
He is cute in PH says he is 12, not 21. Wow he looks great for 21.

Could it be it's a picture of him at 12 and not a current one?

Skip's Rider
Jun. 1, 2010, 01:44 PM
That's totally cool! I will look for him. Do you know how long ago she submitted the photo?

She submitted the photo shortly after they started running the current version of the Conformation Clinic column. Was that 1.5 or 2 years ago?

Skip's Rider
Jun. 1, 2010, 01:51 PM
Could it be it's a picture of him at 12 and not a current one?

Next to the photo, PH lists him as 15 years old. It was taken a few years before my daughter submitted it. At 21, his back has dropped a little bit and he has a few more gray hairs, but overall he still looks great.