PDA

View Full Version : Who did I meet today at the Delaware show?

tidy rabbit
May. 30, 2010, 07:40 PM
You were so cute on your horse holding your standing martingale and not looking the slightest bit bothered by the heat!

I hope you had a successful day at the show!

Creaghgal
May. 30, 2010, 08:47 PM
:lol: Did you perhaps, mean to post this on the "missed connection" section of Craigslist?

Yes, I do read those from time to time. Great stuff.

tidy rabbit
May. 30, 2010, 09:08 PM
Very sweet girl, she's a lurker I gathered.

I didn't have time to chit chat much so I didn't get much info. :(

Schune
May. 30, 2010, 10:34 PM
That was me :)

I'm sure you know how eyecatching your boy is - I was walking all the way over by the jumper tent when I saw you guys taking advantage of the shade by the property line, and thought to myself "I know that horse!"

To be honest, I was debating saying hello, I didn't want to seem too weird calling you by your username :lol:

tidy rabbit
May. 30, 2010, 10:43 PM
Hey Schune!

:) Wish I could have said more but I was semi-distracted and in need of food. LOL

Gosh but it was hot!

How did you do at the show?

Aero won a whooping 4 dollars in the jumper ring!

tidy rabbit
May. 30, 2010, 10:55 PM
To be honest, I was debating saying hello, I didn't want to seem too weird calling you by your username :lol:

Glad you did. I've had a lot of people introduce themselves over the years and I'm always happy to meet new peeps!

I've been thinking about buying a license plate for my trailer that says "TidyRbt" and see how many people recognize us out on the hiway.

Schune
May. 30, 2010, 10:57 PM
I think everyone had a bit of a heat-induced funk going on. I'm cringing just thinking about the June and July shows if it's this hot in May!

My pony was such a good boy, and we did very well. Ribbons in almost every class, and considering he almost died from the heat (he's 20 and although in great shape, he's affected more than most), he was fantastic. This was also my first real H/J show in about a year and a half, so I'm happy that I got back into the swing of things without too much hassle. It's like riding a bike :lol:

Aero is such a hunk! I wish I could have seen your rounds. FYI, to everyone who is a fan of Aero, pictures/videos do not do this horse justice. Meet him in person and you will be starstruck.

Tidy - I heard that someone fell off in the schooling ring next to the jumpers, and looked pretty bad (or at least took a long time getting to their feet). Did you see that? And a horse got loose in the hunter breeding class?

tidy rabbit
May. 30, 2010, 11:04 PM
Yes, I was in the HB class with my 2 y.o. stallion when that horse got loose and I was heading towards the fence to hop over because if it came running at us, I wasn't going to get killed. I warned the women on either side of me that if it comes over here, I'm outta here. I had planned to hop the fence and just hold the reins and hope for the best from the safety of the other side. :)

OMG when we arrive and unloaded a horse in shipping boots comes flying around the field. All sweaty and paniced looking. That horse never did load I don't think. Anyway, I am holding Havoline and the horse comes galloping up. I catch it and the owner comes up explaining it's his first show.... hummm I'm thinking to myself.

So we head over to the jumper ring with Aero and Havoline in hand and are walking past the warm up. There is a triple set in the warm up and a girl trying to get a horse to the first element with her trainer yelling at her. The horse sort of 1/2 hops over the first jump and gets tangled up, spins around dumps the rider and runs off. The rider then screaming from the ground that she's broken her neck she knows it's broken. Truly a ghastly experience to have watched. I was a bit freaked out by that.

Thanks for the comments on Aero, I love him with all my heart!:D:D

tidy rabbit
May. 30, 2010, 11:07 PM
My pony was such a good boy, and we did very well. Ribbons in almost every class, and considering he almost died from the heat (he's 20 and although in great shape, he's affected more than most), he was fantastic.

20~!!! Congratulations on a great show. Super cute horse, I would have never guessed he was 20, you maybe but not your horse! ;)

Schune
May. 31, 2010, 08:09 AM
Yes, I was in the HB class with my 2 y.o. stallion when that horse got loose and I was heading towards the fence to hop over because if it came running at us, I wasn't going to get killed. I warned the women on either side of me that if it comes over here, I'm outta here. I had planned to hop the fence and just hold the reins and hope for the best from the safety of the other side. :)

OMG when we arrive and unloaded a horse in shipping boots comes flying around the field. All sweaty and paniced looking. That horse never did load I don't think. Anyway, I am holding Havoline and the horse comes galloping up. I catch it and the owner comes up explaining it's his first show.... hummm I'm thinking to myself.

So we head over to the jumper ring with Aero and Havoline in hand and are walking past the warm up. There is a triple set in the warm up and a girl trying to get a horse to the first element with her trainer yelling at her. The horse sort of 1/2 hops over the first jump and gets tangled up, spins around dumps the rider and runs off. The rider then screaming from the ground that she's broken her neck she knows it's broken. Truly a ghastly experience to have watched. I was a bit freaked out by that.

Thanks for the comments on Aero, I love him with all my heart!:D:D

I think I saw two horses get loose while they were trying to load, what a strange weekend!

And I'm not sure about Dayton, but Columbus is getting pounded by rain right now. So glad it held off until the show was done :)

tidy rabbit
Jul. 11, 2010, 11:34 AM
Hey Schune, if you're at the 7/23-7/25 show come by and say hey! I'll be there with Dodger on Saturday and Aero on Sunday.

That goes for any other cothers too! :yes:

Schune
Jul. 11, 2010, 03:21 PM
I won't be riding, but I might stop by to hang out with my barn.

Unfortunately I am taking my GRE that Saturday and doing a lake vacation afterwards, but I drive right through Delaware and may make a stop :) If I do I'll stalk and see if I can find your trailer ;)

tidy rabbit
Jul. 12, 2010, 08:44 AM
A lake vacation sounds WAY better than a horse show!!!

We'll probably be parked under a tree facing the jumper ring. :)

TrakeGirl
Jul. 12, 2010, 09:37 AM
HEY! I was at that show too! :)

Had no idea fellow COTHers were there - although we are Ring 1-ers...not jumpers. We are SO not cool.

Not going to be there for the July show though. :(

chawley
Jul. 12, 2010, 01:44 PM
I was there too! Also a ring 1er.....I know who Aero is...he's awesome! I had no idea that he belong to you Tidyrabbit! I won't be down for July or September, but hope to make it for the October show.

tidy rabbit
Jul. 12, 2010, 01:55 PM
We'll have to have an end of the season get together at the last show! :) BBQ & Beer for ALL! bring your own of course. LOL

Chawley, Not sure if you're thinking of my horse or not, but I'll take the compliment anyways! He is the horse in my profile picture here on COTH.

tidy rabbit
Jul. 12, 2010, 01:57 PM
Which Ring is Ring1? I was there on Friday with Dodger - big bay pinto horse with a big blaze, doing the Special Hunters, was that ring 1? Did we all show against each other and not know it? Also had my 2 y.o. colt in the H/B circus first thing in the morning.

MDPONYMOM
Jul. 12, 2010, 02:27 PM
Jumping in here - but what show in Delaware are you talking about? I'm from maryland and outside of the local circuit I'm not aware of that many even being in DE.

tidy rabbit
Jul. 12, 2010, 02:39 PM
Jumping in here - but what show in Delaware are you talking about? I'm from maryland and outside of the local circuit I'm not aware of that many even being in DE.

Delaware Ohio. :)

TrakeGirl
Jul. 12, 2010, 03:25 PM
Which Ring is Ring1? I was there on Friday with Dodger - big bay pinto horse with a big blaze, doing the Special Hunters, was that ring 1? Did we all show against each other and not know it?

Shout out for Dware, OH! LOL.

And yes - tidy rabbit. We totally showed against each other! We were in the Special on Friday.

I'm skipping July and September as well and shooting for the last October show. BBQ and beer is ON!

bhrunner06
Jul. 12, 2010, 03:48 PM
Tidy....Ring 1 is the big hunter ring that goes on Friday!

Are you going to the one next week? I may have to stop by and say hello if you are!

Schune
Jul. 12, 2010, 03:50 PM
Shout out for Dware, OH! LOL.

And yes - tidy rabbit. We totally showed against each other! We were in the Special on Friday.

I'm skipping July and September as well and shooting for the last October show. BBQ and beer is ON!

That sounds like so much fun!

I'll bring the vegetable platter ;)

tidy rabbit
Jul. 12, 2010, 04:00 PM
Are you going to the one next week? I may have to stop by and say hello if you are!

I'm planning to be there Saturday with 3 horses and Sunday with 2. :)

Would be great to see you and bring your mom too!

tidy rabbit
Jul. 12, 2010, 04:01 PM
That sounds like so much fun!

I'll bring the vegetable platter ;)

We'll seriously have to plan out a COTH get together at the show in October. That will be fun.

MILOUTE55
Jul. 12, 2010, 05:17 PM
this is so cool!
I wonder how many "real" friendships or even love stories started on COTH?

Have fun with a COTH's members get together; it's a great idea and I wish I could attend :) We almost did it last year at the World Cup but got some organization problems towards the end and it didn't happen...

Amandine

bhrunner06
Jul. 12, 2010, 10:15 PM
I'm planning to be there Saturday with 3 horses and Sunday with 2. :)

Would be great to see you and bring your mom too!

Sounds good! Ill come one of the days...ill try to convince mom to come too! :)

MDPONYMOM
Jul. 13, 2010, 08:46 AM
Ahhhh. Thanks. I am obviously showing my geographical ignorance. :D

chawley
Jul. 13, 2010, 01:32 PM
We'll have to have an end of the season get together at the last show! :) BBQ & Beer for ALL! bring your own of course. LOL

Chawley, Not sure if you're thinking of my horse or not, but I'll take the compliment anyways! He is the horse in my profile picture here on COTH.

Hey tidy rabbit - I definitely have seen your horse....he reminds me of a horse we had in our barn growing up! And your BBQ idea sounds like fun! We always stable back near the track and enjoy a few beers while giving baths and getting the horses to bed in the evenings. I love that show, it's so fun!