PDA

View Full Version : Saddle Recommendations

SFrost
May. 30, 2010, 04:51 PM
I'm looking for some saddle recommendations. I was primarily focusing on dressage but recently my horse has been doing fabulous over fences.

Right now I have three saddle, none of which really work for us. There is the Wintec all purpose I've had for about 8 years. It works okay, but I don't love the position it puts me in.

Then there is the Dover Circuit Dressage saddle. I bought it late last year. Lesson learned that I should have listened to my fellow COTHers. Most said, nope, not the saddle for you. I didn't listen. It fits my horse nicely but the thing is a torture device for me. I hurt for days after I ride in it.

Finally, there is the english made close contact spring tree saddle I found at a tack store closing. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this saddle. Sadly, my horse has really muscled up and the tree is now too small.

I'm stuck riding in the Wintec now. My intention is to sell the dressage saddle and, as much as it will kill me, the CC saddle. I'm not even sure where to start with off loading them. I figure I can keep the Wintec to trail ride in and use for dressage.

So, I'm looking for advice on what saddles you guys would recommend. I can't spend a ton of money. (Under $1000.) I'm fine with used. I would love a Pessoa but they seem to be out of my price range.

It doesn't help my horse is difficult to fit. He needs a wide tree and most saddles tend to bridge.

Thanks in advance.