PDA

View Full Version : McIntosh Reserve is now open!

spotnnotfarm
May. 29, 2010, 06:51 AM
Thankfully the park re-opened yesterday! I rode for a short time yesterday and found the park to be in wonderful shape. Half of the river trail is still clsoed but otherwise the rest of the park is just like we all remember it. I could not ride long due to the storm coming in but it felt great to ride out there again. Here is the article about the re-opening, by the way Thunder and I managed to get and interview and our picture in the paper!

http://www.times-georgian.com/view/full_story/7737694/article-Visitors-flock-back-to-McIntosh-Reserve?instance=TG_home_story

pnalley
May. 31, 2010, 02:22 PM
WhoooHOOO! That is one of our favorite place to ride! We buy the year long pass.

Hopefully we can plan a ride for next weekend.

It had gotton kind of rocky in some areas where they worked on the trail. How many rocky areas are there now?

spotnnotfarm
May. 31, 2010, 04:44 PM
Hey Pnalley

The rocks were not too bad. My horse is barefoot and did not have any trouble. The only trouble we had was all the fallen leaves that have not been decomposed due to foot traffic. It was ok on Saturday but Saturday night it rained so Sunday was slick. Also half of the river trail is still closed but the field looks normal. There are a few trails were the branches have overgrown due to non use but it was not bad. I will be out there all the time again!

pj
Jun. 2, 2010, 10:44 AM
Supert good news! I was going today but it didn't work out that way....maybe tomorrow!
One word of advice...a friend went the other day and hiked the trails. Said she stayed in the middle of the trails but pulled EIGHT ticks off herself when she came in so better spray horses and yourself down before you go out.
Ticks....YUCK :(