PDA

View Full Version : South/Central PA h/j barns?

authentic pony
May. 28, 2010, 08:25 PM
There may be a possible move in our near future to this area for my SO's job. I am not familiar with the area at ALL so want to know what I'm getting into should this become a reality.

The possible job would be in Valley Forge, so I'm not even sure which area would be best to live in. We both like a 'community' feel but are not big city people (big city meaning, no Philly or the like!). I have an adult hunter that would eventually come with me, so would want to find a nice boarding barn with good h/j trainers to do 'A' and 'B' shows. What are boarding/training prices like?

Where would be the best places to live that are commutable to Valley Forge but also near horse country? How expensive is real estate in this area? From my limited research, it looks like Chester County is the place to be for h/j but that is pretty far from Valley Forge?

Any help, tips, etc would be greatly appreciated!

lcw579
May. 28, 2010, 09:23 PM
Valley Forge is in Chester County. That's where I grew up. There are plenty of alternatives within a reasonable distance if you live in Valley Forge. If you want send me a pm with more details I can help point you in the right direction for living and boarding. Prices can vary widely depending on what you want in a barn and whether or not you want to trailer out to lessons or have a trainer on site.

It's a great place to live - I think you'll be very happy!

SwtVixen
May. 31, 2010, 02:25 PM
Heres your map of the Valley Forge area.
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=40.144042&lon=-75.432444&zoom=13&q1=valley%20forge

Maj. Jeremy Beale's
Pen-Y-Bryn Equestrian Ctr Limited
(610) 827-4080
8 Spring Lea Ln, Chester Springs, PA 19425

Michael Matz, the trainer of Kentucky Derby entrant Barbaro, owns Vintage Farm in Collegeville, Pa.

skyy
May. 31, 2010, 06:43 PM
www.equestrianlist.com

MyGiantPony
Jun. 1, 2010, 11:49 AM
Heres your map of the Valley Forge area.
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=40.144042&lon=-75.432444&zoom=13&q1=valley%20forge

Maj. Jeremy Beale's
Pen-Y-Bryn Equestrian Ctr Limited
(610) 827-4080
8 Spring Lea Ln, Chester Springs, PA 19425

Michael Matz, the trainer of Kentucky Derby entrant Barbaro, owns Vintage Farm in Collegeville, Pa.

Maj. Beale is an event and dressage trainer, and Michael Matz now does race horses. OP is looking for a hunter farm. ;)

vxf111
Jun. 1, 2010, 12:52 PM
Maj. Beale is an event and dressage trainer, and Michael Matz now does race horses. OP is looking for a hunter farm. ;)

I know! That gets the "random recommendation of the day" award!

MyGiantPony
Jun. 1, 2010, 12:59 PM
I know! That gets the "random recommendation of the day" award!

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one puzzled by that!

vxf111
Jun. 1, 2010, 01:41 PM
I'm so glad I wasn't the only one puzzled by that!

It's like someone posts 'recommend a good pizza shop' and someone replies 'I know a good Chinese restaurant on Main Street and also an Irish Pub in Manhattan.'

MyGiantPony
Jun. 1, 2010, 02:26 PM
It's like someone posts 'recommend a good pizza shop' and someone replies 'I know a good Chinese restaurant on Main Street and also an Irish Pub in Manhattan.'

You are crackin me up today! :lol: