PDA

View Full Version : Aging Brain - help for remembering jumper courses

iccir
May. 28, 2010, 11:04 AM
Anyone please.....any tips for remembering a jumper course and immediate jump off! I spend so much time in the ring trying to remember my course it takes away from my riding. I watch other riders over and over. Mentally run it through my brain over and over but I still get in the ring and have to work so hard at remembering. What do you do to make it easier for you?

Mukluk
May. 28, 2010, 11:21 AM
Would it help you to write it down? Remember sequences of fences or lines (vs individul fences).

If that fails, get a little ear piece (could be camoflauged in your hunter.... er jumper hair) and have your ground person talk you through the course:lol:

Hunter Mom
May. 28, 2010, 11:32 AM
If that fails, get a little ear piece (could be camoflauged in your hunter.... er jumper hair) and have your ground person talk you through the course:lol:

Not exactly legal!

I will copy them down, and then sit and look at the course over & over, riding it mentally. I do the same for jumpoffs.

*Liz*
May. 28, 2010, 11:41 AM
Do as many course walks as possible. If you're in the beginning of the day and you only have 1 chance to walk, walk the entire course and jumpoff at least twice. If you're in the middle to end of the show day, keep walking your course every chance you get. Walk it first thing in the AM, (and if possible) again when it gets closer to your time to ride, and again after you've schooled your horse right before your class.