PDA

View Full Version : Wrap Storage Ideas?

kimball1
May. 27, 2010, 03:03 PM
In the morning our caretaker comes through and takes all the wraps off the horses. They get shoved on the top of the blanket bar. In theory the owner would then come and wrap them up and take them away, but if someone doesn't come, the wraps sit on top of the blanker bar, which makes me crazy. We thought about hanging a bandage rack in front of every stall but we decided that looked even messier. I doubt I could get people to buy the wrap bags for their stall doors, and I don't want to buy 40 of them. Someone sent us a picture of a storage rack with little slide out compartment bins. We were thinking this might work, but I can't find anywhere to buy one. Husband would build one if we got a good pic of something. Does anyone have anything like this in their barn??? Help, I will be around the barn more this summer and the mess will send me over the edge if I can't figure something out.

Lucassb
May. 27, 2010, 03:12 PM
I don't routinely wrap my horses unless we are dealing with a specific injury or problem, but for storage I am a big fan of wrap slings.

You can order them with velcro so they attach to a blanket bar instead of having a separate stand. Might be an easy and inexpensive option.

Limerick
May. 27, 2010, 03:18 PM
Wrap slings sound perfect-I just googled them but couldn't find any.

LucassB-do you have a link? Thanks!

LulaBell
May. 27, 2010, 03:29 PM
Argh, I had just written a post and it disappeared.

Well, a bunch of people at my barn use these:

http://www.sstack.com/stable_equipment-cases_blanketbandagetail/dura-tech-bandage-quilt-case/

Ours have a small dog tag with the owner's initials to keep track, but we're a small enough operation that it's not usually an issue. They may not be the next coming of the Triple Crown picture perfect set up, but they certainly do the trick.

ponymom64
May. 27, 2010, 03:33 PM
I saw those slings recently at Beval and thought they were a great idea. I'm pretty sure The Clothes Horse would be able to make them as well....

Lucassb
May. 27, 2010, 03:58 PM
Hmmm. I got mine from Malvern Saddlery - I just checked their site and they don't seem to have a photo on there anymore.

But it's not terribly complicated. Picture a rectangular piece of cordura fabric (maybe 6' long and 2 1/2' wide?)

There are velcro straps at the ends so that you can fold it in half, and hang it to create a sling that holds the wraps.

If that is too confusing, I can dig mine out and take a pic for you.

Limerick
May. 27, 2010, 04:32 PM
I saw those slings recently at Beval and thought they were a great idea. I'm pretty sure The Clothes Horse would be able to make them as well....

Excellent suggestion!

cherham
May. 28, 2010, 08:16 AM
We purchased nice green vinyl "grocery" bags with sturdy handles and deep enough to simply stuff those wraps and bandages deep inside so they are not showing from the top. They have a nice woodsy pattern on the outside and are neat and tidy when hanging in front of the stalls. Easy, simple and inexpensive.