PDA

View Full Version : Anybody tried Dynamite's "RELAX" spray?

horsegurl
May. 27, 2010, 12:50 AM
Anybody used Dynamite's "RELAX" spray for taking off the nervous, "oh-so-excited-to-be-at-a horse-show/new surroundings", first day edge?

Not sure it's any more effective than a Magnesium based paste, looking for ideas.

Could get into the sedation debate, but don't want to. Don't really want to sedate, he's quiet, but just un-rideable enuf the first two days. Don't want to lunge long enough to take the edge off--that's 30 mins or more, and that's not good for him either!

Ideas welcome please?

KristieBee
May. 27, 2010, 01:21 AM
I have not tried relax, but I definitely boost with Dynamite's Easy Boy magnesium/vitamin b supplement the days before a show and it works great to take down that "OMG I'M SOMEWHERE NEW" factor without longing his legs off. ;)

horsegurl
May. 27, 2010, 01:52 AM
Hey! Thanks, will check that out.

Horseymama
May. 27, 2010, 09:01 AM
I've used Relax. I find it works best if you spray 15 sprays every 5-10 mins in their mouth for at least 40 minutes prior to getting on them. Easy Boy also works well. Both work best!

horsegurl
May. 27, 2010, 01:24 PM
Sounds like Magnesium and B vits still the winner!
Thanks!

mypaintwattie
May. 27, 2010, 02:28 PM
I give my horse smart calm (vit b and mag) daily, and for a few days before and during a show I double the dose. I think it works, or at least has a placebo effect on me that it's working better than the normal dose! :lol:Just helps to keep the edge off of my mare, she still looks, but stays more relaxed.

Joy Karr
May. 27, 2010, 07:40 PM
Yes, I have used Dynamite's Relax and other products for years. It works on horses, dogs, cats, grand children and me. It works differently on different horses. I usually start them on it before getting in the trailer so they will be calm when they get to the event. I have used it on horses that weaved in the trailer, and on the 4th of July. We also use it on first time breeding mares and stallions.