PDA

View Full Version : How cool are Ovation helmets?

Hunter Mom
May. 26, 2010, 09:13 PM
Specifically the Sync or Schooler?

lesgarcons
May. 26, 2010, 09:14 PM
Is this a rhetorical question, like how awesome are they, or do you want to know if they keep your head from getting warm? :D

KPF
May. 26, 2010, 09:46 PM
I got the Deluxe Schooler a few weeks ago and I think it's significantly cooler than my GPA Textium. It's lighter also, which I like. My GPA was really, really hot-- the Ovation has a lot more vents. They look pretty decent too-- my trainer was actually surprised to find out it was a cheapie helmet.

Hunter Mom
May. 26, 2010, 10:34 PM
As in "not getting heat stroke" cool. I need a new schooling helmet. They look decent and the price is certainly nice.

horsepoor
May. 26, 2010, 10:40 PM
I went from a Tipperary (very cool in terms of head-heat, but not cool in that it was ugly!) to an Ovation and I think it will prove to be just as cool -- lots of vents and lightweight. I think I have the Deluxe Schooler. My show helmet is a Charles Owen Wellington Pro and I absolutely die from the heat when I have to wear it. Same with the GPA I used to have, and about anything else.

LARGEBORE
May. 27, 2010, 06:50 AM
Ovation looks cool and they have great ventilation and cool-max liners on the most models... what' not to like ..

Flash44
May. 27, 2010, 07:09 AM
I bought Flash Jr the one with all the vents. He thinks it is much cooler (by all meanings!) than other helmet types, and he also shows in it.

Personal Champ
May. 27, 2010, 08:39 AM
They are signifigantly cooler and lighter than my CO Hampton show helmet. I too die every time I have to put the CO on, but love the look!