PDA

View Full Version : Help w/USEF green hunter rules....

skyy
May. 26, 2010, 01:22 PM
I did read the rules but I want to make sure that I understand them.

If you have a horse that did pre-green in the Nov 08-Oct 09 year and did 3 jumper classes over 3'6" that year (before May 1) and then in the Nov 09-Oct 10 year (this year) did one 1.10 meter jumper class (3'7") (again before May 1), could it have either it's First Year Green or it's Second Year Green status reinstated?

The way I read it was that you had to request reinstatement in the year that the green was broken so that would mean this horse could not be reinstated for either 1st or 2nd year green.

Am I interpreting this rule correctly?

findeight
May. 26, 2010, 01:27 PM
Believe you are correct. IIRC, must be requested by May of the year the Green was broken and have done no more then a certain number of classes that exceeded the limit. So '09.

I admit a little confused as the show year is from Dec 1 to Nov 30 and you keep mentioning Nov to Oct. and it is hard to tell when he jumped over limit.

Lucassb
May. 26, 2010, 02:04 PM
Findeight is correct, the show year starts Dec. 1 and ends Nov. 30. The cut off for showing at that height is May 15 and the horse cannot have competed at that height more than 3 times.

If I understand your post correctly, the horse jumped 3'6" in the winter of 2008 and/or the spring of 2009. That broke the animal's first year green status and it is too late now to reinstate it.

Then the horse jumped 3'7" ONCE sometime between December 1, 2009 and May 1, 2010, correct?

If so, you can pay the fee and have the *second* year green reinstated. You have until November to submit the request and associated fee. You will also need to provide the USEF with the list of competitions where the horse jumped to verify it did not compete at that height after May 15.

You can only do this once (at each height) by the way.

skyy
May. 26, 2010, 02:27 PM
Sorry - I'm an idiot. I know the year runs Dec to Nov.

And yes, he was jumped only 1x this year above 3'6" and it was in April.