PDA

View Full Version : How to find a braider if only shipping in?

HackPrize
May. 26, 2010, 10:01 AM
I am having trouble finding a professional quality braider to come braid our horses who are only shipping into HITS saugerties and not staying the week. I know it's not worth the time for many braiders to drive out to our farm which is twenty minutes from the show and we are not getting stalls..so I can't get them braided at the show without being stressed for time!

Has anyone dealt with this before? Our own working students aren't quite good enough to braid for an "AA" show..so essentially I need to find a braider who can come to farm and braid here...how can I find one?

*andi*
May. 26, 2010, 10:15 AM
Can you ship in extra early and have the braider do your horse as one of their last?

ponymom64
May. 26, 2010, 10:21 AM
I have met my braider at a show for both manes and tails - it's not optimal but it works if you get there early

My braider is always able to work me in as long as she knows what divisions we are doing or she's have someone in her posse help if she can't get to my horse

Maybe call the show office and see if they can at least give you a name or since its a quick drive - head over and pull a name off the board

Midge
May. 26, 2010, 02:57 PM
I am having trouble finding a professional quality braider to come braid our horses who are only shipping into HITS saugerties and not staying the week. I know it's not worth the time for many braiders to drive out to our farm which is twenty minutes from the show and we are not getting stalls..so I can't get them braided at the show without being stressed for time!

Has anyone dealt with this before? Our own working students aren't quite good enough to braid for an "AA" show..so essentially I need to find a braider who can come to farm and braid here...how can I find one?

You are most likely going to have to get your horses to the show early enough for someone to braid them. I don't do HITS but if it were me I'd only go to the farm if I was really not busy and I'd still charge you $80 for the trip.

paint hunter
May. 26, 2010, 03:48 PM
As said earlier, look into meeting the braider at the show grounds. Yes, you will be there at "oh dark thirty" but it is possible. We did this a few weeks ago at Woodside. My trainer had to get the horse over by 6:30 in the morning. The only bad part of the deal was no stall to use for cross ties and my guy was acting like a kite on a windy day. The trainer paid the braider extra for his/her troubles. My trainer certainly earned her day fee that day!

Giddy-up
May. 27, 2010, 10:07 AM
Braiders will do ship-ins. Have you spoke with your braider?

But you need to make arrangements in advance with your braider & then follow the plan agreed on! If you are supposed to meet the braider at 6AM, be there at 6AM ready to be braided! Braiders can't wait around for a ship in to arrive & they'll go off to their next horse & you missed your time slot in their scheudle.

ETA---I missed the part about they have to come to your farm. If you can be more flexible shipping in, you'll have better options. Otherwise you need to find a braider that needs work & is willing to drive, but expect to pay more. Start calling braiders to see if you can get some names of other braiders to call. The braider network might help you out.

alteringwego
May. 28, 2010, 09:00 AM
My ship-ins will all split 1 stall to use for braiding, general grooming, a place to hang out, etc. Still have to get there at dark thirty but you need a place to tie the horse while it gets braided.