PDA

View Full Version : NECK SIZE IN SHIRTS

europa
May. 25, 2010, 09:45 AM
Is it just me or are they making shirts to strangle people? The last 3 shirts I have bought have the smallest necks!!! Any particular brands that are cut alittle more generously? Has anyone else had this issue?

tidy rabbit
May. 25, 2010, 10:01 AM
It's not just you. It's some sort of punishment.

You're post made me crack up laughing.

Trixie
May. 25, 2010, 10:08 AM
Definitely not just you. I don't have a big neck. I wear a size 32 shirt that fits perfectly everywhere else. I do not understand who they're building these for.

Indy
May. 25, 2010, 10:19 AM
Seriously! My neck is not disproportionately thick...at least I don't think it is...but I just got an Essex shirt that is so bloody tight around the neck it's ridiculous. Stupid me didn't think to button the shirt all the way up when I tried it on, I was more concerned about the fit in the chest and shoulders. So imagine my surprise when I buttoned up the collar at a show a few weeks ago and nearly choked myself. I could barely get it buttoned!

I have a Tailored Sportsman shirt that isn't as tight. It's certainly not baggy but it's way better than my Essex one.

europa
May. 25, 2010, 10:24 AM
I just don't button mine and wear the over collar.....it is the only way to fly!!

Man, I need to go into the show clothes business. I could make a rocking cool and function line. Anyone want to shower me with money so I can get started? HA HA

tidy rabbit
May. 25, 2010, 10:40 AM
What about those collar extender things they make for men's shirts? That might be a good idea.

myalter1
May. 25, 2010, 10:43 AM
it's actually not that hard to move the button a little closer to the edge of the shirt. I did that with DD's riding shirt last year so that I could get an extra year out of it. I am thinking i might do it to my shirts b/c i HATE that they are so tight!

tidy rabbit
May. 25, 2010, 10:47 AM
Here are so examples I might have to get me some....

http://www.wardrobesupplies.com/store/m2_collarstay.html

AmandaandTuff
May. 25, 2010, 11:22 AM
I put my sewing skills to use and made my own show shirt. I have a hard time fitting my shoulders/chest, stomach, and neck. I'm short, broad shoulders, average bust, and small stomach area. Any shirts I bought were always so huge to fit my shoulders. The neck thing isn't an issue when I can measure myself ;)

trinityhill
May. 25, 2010, 11:26 AM
I just move the collar buttons over on all of mine... haven't had one that doesnt choke me yet...

caradino
May. 25, 2010, 11:28 AM
i thought it was just my cheapy-mc-cheaperson Devonaire shirt! it strangles me, and i have a small neck!

(don't judge. it's a white shirt. under a jacket, it looks just like everyone else's expensive white shirts.)

i have a shirt by Pale Horse i believe that is more generously cut in the neck area. but it's not white, so i suffer through the strangling shirt.

klmck63
May. 25, 2010, 12:03 PM
I thought I just had a fat neck... Some of the RJ classics ones fit more generously, but you have to try them on because the quality control seems off and they all fit differently.

SkipChange
May. 25, 2010, 12:26 PM
I disagree Klmck- my RJ's tend to be the ones with the smallest necks. My TS and Essex necks fit fine.