PDA

View Full Version : Edd Lookingbill

ponycrazy111
May. 24, 2010, 08:34 PM
As some of you may know, a beloved member of the horse world has past. Edd lookingbill was a valued judge, trainer, rider, and friend. He was a happy man that was always laughing, and always making other people laugh. He had a special way with ponies that you would watch, and be truly amazed. One amazing thing about him was his memory. He always remembered every pony he gave a first place ribbion to, and every pony he sold. One time, I was at his barn looking for a pony to buy, it was hard to choose one because he had so many amazing ponies, and he looked at me and said, " I remember you, you showed this pony and got this place" and I was amazed. Another fond memory that I have of Edd is whenever my pony over jumped a jump, I would say "Oooohhhhh". Of course my pony would slow down, which is not something I wanted him to do, because he thought I was saying "Hooooo". Edd noticed this, so of course he knew exactly what to do. He said instead of saying "Oooohhhh" in front of the jump say "Holy cheese and crackers", and he actually made me do it. I could not stop laughing. Now whenever one of my ponies over jumps a fence, I always giggle a little bit to myself. Please post more amazing, funny stories about Mr. Lookingbill in order to keep his amazing memory alive. Thank you. R.I.P Edd Lookingbill

mroades
May. 24, 2010, 08:37 PM
unfortunately the only experience I had with him was him showing me a very lame horse and then beating the tar out if it because it wouldn't change leads...siugh. May he rest in peace

JA
May. 24, 2010, 09:27 PM
mroades your post was completely out of line regardless of what your experiences were with Edd. Speak no ill of the dead.

Ponycrazy111: My favorite memory of Edd was when I gave him Elf for his birthday! He was so funny when I got my corgi, Napoleon at Upperville earlier in the year and just adored him. Edd was so happy when he met Elf for the first time. It was a great moment

Rest in Peace Edd. I hope you have finally found the peace you were searching for.

chunky munky
May. 24, 2010, 09:38 PM
Yeah, that is out of line. Bet you never had a lame one to sell. Edd was a lovely man, a cancer survivor and as any that knew him knows he was the coolest funniest man ever. He never tried to treat a horse or person with ill will. Bless Edd, so many of us will miss him.

mroades
May. 25, 2010, 07:31 AM
Actually I try not to sell lame ones Where the fruitbat?
I apologize to the OP for the insensitivity of my reply.
I meant it when I said that I hope he is at peace now.

Mel0309
May. 25, 2010, 08:11 AM
I didn't know Edd that well but had been to his farm with a friend that was showing his clients a pony for sale. He was a nice, funny guy.

My favorite memory of him was his awesome mohawk. Not many trainers have the guts to sport such a look but he sure pulled it off. He was loved and respected by most everyone in the area.

Rest In Peace Edd, you will be missed.

llsc
May. 25, 2010, 09:45 AM

How about you just delete your posts? Would be a much more classy thing to do.

JA
May. 25, 2010, 03:14 PM
llsc: some members of this board just don't have any class. Mroades' second post is just as offensive as her first. Speak no ill of the dead

Scruffy
May. 25, 2010, 04:40 PM
but COTHERS sure do speak ill of them when they are alive and when they pass ,SUDDENLY it is all rainbows and fairies. Ed was a tortured man with plenty of good AND bad stories attached to him. Carry on.

Silk
May. 25, 2010, 08:11 PM
Well said Scruffy, and so true.

JA
May. 25, 2010, 09:11 PM
Scruffy I actually agree with you on this. Edd was a tortured man but given the circumstances of his death now is not the time to discuss the bad.

Beenthere
May. 25, 2010, 09:13 PM
Edd may you rest in peace.

keepthelegend
May. 25, 2010, 09:22 PM
Very sad about Edd, he was always so much fun and such a nice guy. I wish he knew how many people he could have turned to.

batman the horse
May. 25, 2010, 11:18 PM
I was recently met Edd to take a some lessons with him this Spring with a few friends. He was such a bright vibrant guy - we were all laughing and had a great time. I feel like I learned a lot from him and was very shocked and disappointed to hear that he passed.

Wanderluster
May. 25, 2010, 11:59 PM
I stand in line right behind you. I am sorry and sad whenever life is lost, while I can mourn for the man I cannot condone some of his choices.
Suicide is tragic. I'm sorry that he had so little connection to his loved ones that he chose to hurt them so terribly.
Donkeyman just shut up. That last post regarding judgment is totally out of line.
I do hope that you support the idea of mainstreaming competent , accomplished and relevant judges into the system.
All a person can know about another is when they have contact. In a supermarket for example, you think highly of the guy who says go on in front of me you've got two and I have a basketful.
Punishing someone for being truthful is a disgrace, if you want fairness and transparency in an industry that is known for cronyism. Sheesh.
Sincere condolences for those grieving. No one should get that call.

luckyduck
May. 26, 2010, 10:48 AM
I will second that Edd had a lasting memory....He remembered my daughters winning classic trip from HITS 2009 almost stride for stride months later when we were at his place looking at a horse.

May he be sitting in the green fields with all the horses we have lost and now are waiting for us at Rainbow Bridge.

RIP Edd.

myalter1
May. 26, 2010, 11:08 AM
It's terribly unfortunate that the COTHers cannot control themselves. The OP was trying to start a thread to remember someone that was important to her. And now, it is turning into bashing and trashing. Whatever your experiences were, it would be RESPECTFUL to keep this thread positive. There are people grieving and it only hurts them more for them to see how nasty people can be.

Those of us who KNEW Edd, knew him. Enough said. You don't need to trash him. It is a true show of the breeding and class of some of the people on here that they don't know when to say something nice, or not say anything at all.

RIP my old friend.

PS: I am NOT posting under an Alter to hide my identity. I can't remember my other login.

Jaime McKinley
May. 28, 2010, 03:51 PM
We will miss you Edd and thank you for all of your wisdom.
Jaime

LJD
May. 30, 2010, 10:10 PM
Edd was an inspiration and a joy to ride with. He did wonderful things for me as a junior. I am absolutely devastated over this. RIP.

smilennod
Jun. 2, 2010, 08:18 AM
Thats the good thing in life about real friends...they know all about your baggage, and they love you the same either way.
Edd had his issues, so do I-and though i can't speak for everyone, i'd imagine...so do YOU :)

So as for me, i'll remember his witty commentary on all things in life...equine and otherwise...how he could smile with his eyes...how he could make you laugh so hard you would have to pee...

I guess it's about how you want to remember someone, and in turn...how you'd want to be remembered. When it's all said and done, the words right now are only for us...

shalomypony
Jun. 18, 2010, 07:17 PM
It is my understanding that there is some sort of memorial situation in which donations can be made in his honor towards an equine rescue.I don't know which one it is....if anyone has this info please let us know and if I find out I'll post it. RIP Edd...