PDA

View Full Version : Tailored Sportsman Pants

make x it x so
May. 24, 2010, 08:32 PM
Does anyone know why Smartpak and Dover do not carry Tailored Sportsman Trophy Hunters in short sizes? I went to the tack shop today, tried on these pants, LOVED them (except the fact that the regular length goes down past my ankles!), and found that Smartpak has them cheaper than my local tack shop, but does not include the "short" option (which I DEFINITELY need).

The shop owner ordered me a pair of 30S, and I know it will probably take a while (they always seem to be on backorder), but I was surprised that online sites no longer even carry this option.

Anyone know why?

Mel0309
May. 25, 2010, 08:14 AM
I find that TS seem to run short anyway. Have only once had a customer request a short and then when it got there she said it was too short. Now I have a 24 Short that I will probably never sell.

Indy
May. 25, 2010, 10:22 AM
I agree that TS run somewhat short to start with. In any other brand, I have to wear a Short (I'm 4'10") but with TS I can get away with their regular length. They're certainly longer than preferable, they come all the way down to my ankle, but once I pull on my boots you can't tell.

make x it x so
May. 25, 2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. In most TS pants, I seem to be able to get away with a regular (though the short is definitely better), but the cut of the trophy hunters is just too long for my short little calves!

I guess I'll just have to always order from the tack shop!

Little Indian
May. 25, 2010, 05:33 PM
It's better to support your local businesses anyways ;)