PDA

View Full Version : Custom Boot Options Besides Vogel, Dehner, and Der Dau?

dauphine2
May. 24, 2010, 08:14 PM
It looks like I'm in the market for customs, seeing as how off-the-racks just aren't fitting. Are there any other options besides Vogel, Dehner, and Der Dau to consider? Also, any tips for the process?

As for the whole 'Do you really need customs?' question, I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. My left leg is a half in wider and taller than my right.

TIA :)

SaddleFitterVA
May. 24, 2010, 09:26 PM
There is also El Mundio or something like that...they are at the big shows, like Upperville or WIHS. No doubt there are others, but is there something wrong with Vogel, Dehner, or Der Dau?

majanick
May. 24, 2010, 09:37 PM
Parlanti boots are really "in" right now. They have custom and off the rack models.

larosa90
May. 24, 2010, 10:56 PM
There is also El Mundio or something like that...they are at the big shows, like Upperville or WIHS. No doubt there are others, but is there something wrong with Vogel, Dehner, or Der Dau?

They are La Mundial. I have a pair from them, but confess I so dread breaking them in that I have not opened the box since they came last summer. I have some friends who bought paddock boots from them and loved them. Maybe I should go open that box...

Fun Size
May. 24, 2010, 11:14 PM
They are La Mundial. I have a pair from them, but confess I so dread breaking them in that I have not opened the box since they came last summer. I have some friends who bought paddock boots from them and loved them. Maybe I should go open that box...

Yep, that is them! I just ordered a pair, and fully custom they were $630. Both our trainer and our assistant trainer have pairs, and they LOVE them :D

dauphine2
May. 25, 2010, 12:13 AM

There's certainly nothing wrong with any of those brands, except for perhaps the price. I just figured that maybe some of the lesser known brands might be a bit less expensive.

How long do customs usually take? The Dehner website says about 12 weeks, but I figure there's some varitation between brands.

I really like the Firenzes from Parlanti, though. I'm not sure if I want zips, though. Personally, I like the look of pull-ons better. I'll only be using them for shows, so I don't really need the convience of zippers.

What're your opinions on pull-on verses zippers?

Also, it doesn't seem like La Mundial has a field boot? Or do they just not show the option?

Laguna 007
May. 25, 2010, 12:21 AM
I have Fabbri boots (at least I'm 99% sure thats what theyre called!). I got them from a vendor at a show 2 summers ago. LOVE them! The boots arrived relatively quickly, fit like a glove, are beautiful, and have held up to being ridden in and worn around the barn for hours every day since I got them, and they are still very nice looking (says something about their comfort too, the fact that I can and do wear them for 8+ hours a day).

Fun Size
May. 25, 2010, 12:24 AM
I ordered mine from La Mundial last week, and they are due to be here on August 5.

I ordered the field boot with "fake laces" in baby calf with a punched, square toe cap. I wish I had a pic, but the guy came out to our farm with like 6 or 8 samples so we knew exactly what we were getting. He was great, and took a TON of time measuring my feet / calves from what felt like every angle possible, including taking a tracing.

Denzel
May. 25, 2010, 12:35 AM
DeNiro boots are another option as well. They have customs and semi-customs. I got a pair in November, and they are gorgeous boots. The fit is awesome (nothing off the rack fits me either), and they needed virtually no breaking in, but the leather is still wearing really well.

Mayaty02
May. 25, 2010, 07:06 AM
how do you find these lesser known brands? Meaning where in the US can you buy them? Also, how much do the Parlanti's run?

STA
May. 25, 2010, 08:14 AM
Parlanti, the boots are beautiful and the people are so pleasant and professional. At Old Salem they had a new helmet with the American Flag motif in the center.

SaddleFitterVA
May. 25, 2010, 09:20 AM
I have 2 pairs of Dehners. One pair took 6 or 7 weeks, the second pair took 4 or less (both payments hit my CC in one cycle...which kinda made me sad as I was hoping to pay them in 2 months...but oh well, same money spent).

The first pair, dress with zippers, the heavier leather, they are really a good fit and were something like $680. The second pair, calf skin field boots, no zippers with gussets, those were 750 or something...I'd have to go look at the receipt again. I got the second pair when there was a $150 off sale from Dehner since they already had my measurements. I actually love the calf field boots best for comfort, I got fully lined, but don't use them as often as boot pulls are not as convenient as zippers.

I was not happy with the durability of the zipper in the Dehner boot. The Mountain Horse zippers are WAY more durable IMO, but that is whey my field boots have no zipper. I figure that worst case scenario is that I use the field boots if my dress boots break at an inopportune time.

I have a pair of El Mundial paddock boots, and they had to go back for new zippers within a week. That was covered by warranty, but took forever. They are not as comfortable as I would have hoped for custom boots. I still get heel slipping, but they are not so bad.

I have a bit of a boot problem...at least I use them all and wear them all. I use a pair of Mountain Horse zip on dress boots for my daily wear. They are way cheaper to use and abuse for daily use. My last pair lasted about 3 years, so those cost me about $6/month when I amortize out the cost. New zippers are too expensive to bother with in those...new zippers ran 125, and the boots are about 180 when I get them on sale.

So, it doesn't seem like the El Mundial price was that huge of a savings over my "on sale" Dehners. And given that the Dehners are still made in Nebraska, USA...not South America, I like that too.

Bearhunter
May. 25, 2010, 10:48 AM
Parlanti are beautiful boots BUT take FOREVER and if your boots are not right...well, how about another year? um, yep!:no:

TheOrangeOne
May. 25, 2010, 11:28 AM
Parlanti are beautiful boots BUT take FOREVER and if your boots are not right...well, how about another year? um, yep!:no:

I ordered mine through tomasso and I think they took 9 months. :no: I ended up calling the office in Italy and they ran the process along- they expressed that the problem was with tomasso, he was not prompt in sending measurements and was VERY LATE in sending money. They said on their end turnaround is 6 weeks or so, once they have the money and the measurements. I was told that they dropped him as a rep, though I am not sure who is doing it now. I will say that I adore my boots. They fit great, are SO COMFORTABLE, and are beautiful too. I have had them for a year and a half, ride in them pretty regularly, and they still look fantastic. I was worried the soft leather wouldn't hold up well, but they seem to be doing great. They cost $1850

LeeB10
May. 25, 2010, 11:53 AM
I ordered my daughter a pair of the La Mundial boots when we were at a show in January. They took about 16 weeks even thought they were supposed to be here in 12 but they are lovely and fit nicely. For the price - $590 and that included shipping - it was a great deal. My daughter has two very different size calves so it worked out great. Dehners on sale are not going to be $590.00 for french calf leather and custom sizing.

Denzel
May. 25, 2010, 01:05 PM
I actually found the DeNiro's online by accident at some point and had been drooling over them for so long, and was ready to order them from the UK. When I went to Spruce Meadows Masters in September, I found a tack store that carried them (Horselife) and ordered through them instead.

altjaeger
May. 26, 2010, 11:33 AM
Nobody has mentioned the "All American" brand. They make full-custom and are lower priced than the brands the OP named. I got a pair from foxhuntingshop.com and it only took 3 weeks. However, foxhuntingshop.com is closing down, so go here:

http://www.allamericanboot.com/riding_boots.html

Ruby G. Weber
May. 26, 2010, 11:41 AM
Tucci is another Italian brand. They are equal to Parlanti's.

valencia
May. 26, 2010, 11:50 AM
I'm a huge fan of Parlanti's, I'd probably kill someone for a pair.
Just kidding. Maybe.

My old trainer had Tucci's, too and I really liked them as well.
Honestly, I'm not that huge on Vogel's.

I also really like the look of Willson and Davidson's. I've heard some really good things about them from people who've tried them as well.

Dappled Grey
Jun. 11, 2010, 08:33 PM
Did anyone here, besides me, buy custom Ayora boots a few years ago?

NYCGIRL
Jun. 11, 2010, 08:59 PM
I love my vogel's! Whichever brand you end up with I would just advise you to order directly from the the company at a show and not go through a tack store.

huntereq7
Jun. 11, 2010, 10:49 PM
I ordered a pair of La Mundials two years ago at Vermont and really really love them! I was not a fan of the customer service but for full customs under $600 I didn't really mind. There was zero break-in time, plus I ride in them every day and they've held up really well. I asked them to make them really tight and really tall and they fit perfectly. I got the elastic panel instead of laces/elastic laces and it's SO much more comfortable. This was the best picture I could find with a full view of the boots-

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs338.ash1/29080_1342215110574_1087080193_30901184_7640964_n. jpg

Hope this helps!!

edenvalley
Jul. 27, 2012, 06:41 PM
Parlanti boots are really "in" right now. They have custom and off the rack models.
I am having a horrible time with my boots from Parlanti. I ordered custom boots and they came too big. Parlanti has done NOTHING to fix this. I have called them for 3 months, and they don't return my calls or emails.
I would NOT buy custom boots from them!