PDA

View Full Version : Barns in the Madison, NJ area?

Lazy Palomino Hunter
May. 24, 2010, 07:11 PM
A friend of mine is moving to Madison in a few months and is looking to get a horse and begin riding again (it's been about a year). I told her I'd help her look for a barn... I've been searching online, but it seemed silly to not consult COTH as well.

She rides hunters and is looking for a barn that is within 30 miles or so of Madison that has board for under $800 a month. Trainer, indoor, trails all would be pluses, but it's an expensive area... so not required. Jumps are a must.

Any recommendations? Caveats also welcome, but please send those along via PM.

Thanks in advance!

TwoDreamRides
May. 24, 2010, 09:50 PM
I went to school in Madison for four years and there is a barn 36 miles away that has everything she is looking for, for exactly $800/month - West Milford Equestrian Center www.westmilfordequestrian.com I loved it there =]

ckennington
May. 25, 2010, 08:53 PM
Try Crewe Hill Show Stables, Sand Spring Road, Harding Twp.
Probably 10 miles max. from Madison. Went to Madison H.S., and lived in Harding Twp., boarded Crewe Hill location years ago. You couldn't find a more stunning location, and I know people who currently board there, and are very pleased:yes:

Good Luck!

superpony123
May. 25, 2010, 10:08 PM
Red Oak Farm is probably roughly 20 minutes away (depends on what part of madison youre in) and its a wonderful place. don't quote me on this, but i think it's possible there's a "rough board" sort of option available that would be under 800/month. not sure though. google it and call to find out.