PDA

View Full Version : Wide Nose Bands - New Bridle

Dallasgreenie
May. 24, 2010, 07:36 AM
So, I'm thinking about a new bridle. I really only need new reins, but I think I may be in love with the new wide nose bands! I'm looking at the Edgewood padded bridle, and tried an already oiled bridle on my horse the other day at a show, but can't decide if it's too much of a trend. See my profile pic for my horse and his current bridle. He has a plan face and he's large so maybe it will make his face prettier. I'm going back Wed. to the show and can't decide to buy or not.

What do y'all think about the new wide cavason's?

tbhuntergirl
May. 24, 2010, 11:00 AM
I've been riding a horse recently that has a wide noseband on his bridle. I haven't encountered many of those, but I feel like it looks good on this particular horse because he is a large hanoverian with a large head. The look has definitely grown on me!

Lucassb
May. 24, 2010, 11:01 AM
The wide nosebands have been around for several years now. I personally like them a lot, at least on the right face.

My horse has a long but refined head, and not much white. I love the way the wide noseband looks on him and have had lots of compliments on that bridle.

FWIW, I prefer the Aramas unpadded one compared to the Edgewood wide/raised/padded one I also got for him. For some reason it's just not as flattering as the unpadded version. Go figure.

MsRidiculous
May. 24, 2010, 11:23 AM
I bought just a noseband to put on my already existing Edgewood. I wanted the actual WIDE one, not the padded/raised. Edgewood does make a wide noseband that's unpadded, Quail Hollow has them. I don't know if they actually come on a whole bridle that way (I've never seen one), or if they just have the padded/raised bridle.

Jersey Fresh
May. 24, 2010, 12:23 PM
I had orginally bought my baby a wide noseband bridle but he was young and I thought he looked silly in it, so I sold it. Now that he's matured, I tried one on him again (a Beval Heritage) and everyone loved it on him.

I didnt want to spend a lot so I bought the Pessoa Rodrigo from SP (it was $250-they price matched VTO). My opitions were limited because I a) dindt want to spend a lot and b) I needed unpadded. Anyway, I was cautious because of the reviews of Pessoa lately on here and the few Pessoa bridles I have seen have been like plastic. This one is an exception to those, its lovely. It did take several coats of Hydrophane to darken, but nows its really pretty and softening up. The noseband will take some time to soften up (Ive only ridden in it once). Anyway, I think its a pretty nice bridle for the money.

Punkie
May. 24, 2010, 01:09 PM
My hunter has the Antares bridle with the wider nose band and it looks really sharp on him. He's got kind of a plain/boxy head and it just adds that little something. On the right horse, I think they're wonderful.