PDA

View Full Version : PJ at our First Show together!

Chef Jade
May. 24, 2010, 12:32 AM
Wow - 12 years ago I "met" many of you on the equisearch boards and shortly thereafter joined the newly established "Baby Green Support Group" with my 2 year old, Jade. And boy did I need a lot of support with that mare!!!!

8 years later, I bred Jade, and my COTH friends held my virtual hand through 11 months of pregnancy and birth of my colt PJ.

And 4 years after that (today!) PJ and I went to our first show and jumped around the baby greens. He was SO perfect! He didn't spook at a thing, was relatively straight, and didn't cause any scenes. Fortunately, I didn't embarass him too much either, and only missed a couple times. All we need are some auto changes because I seem to be the only one not capable of getthing them. :lol:

Of course I wouldn't report without bearing evidence!

PJ Baby Greens (http://www.youtube.com/user/mergpv5644#p/a/u/1/Z4bqInl-Wus)

Lot's of people contributed to this milestone, so thank you! You know who you are!!! :yes:

horsepoor
May. 24, 2010, 01:03 AM
First show? Baby Green? What a superstar! I'd be thrilled if he were mine -- you look great. Of course, I was blinded by all the chrome at first.:lol: Congratulations on such a good start to what is hopefully a long and successful partnership!

Peggy
May. 24, 2010, 02:08 AM
I got to see it in person on Saturday and they looked great out there. It was so much fun to see him in person all grown up.

The changes will come. It's not nearly as easy to teach a jump like that!

Samotis
May. 24, 2010, 02:22 AM
Congrats! Wow that is so great. I can't wait until I can show my guy! He has a little while, but it is so much fun breeding and riding your own.

Good Job. Maybe I will see you at some shows soon!

Mimi La Rue
May. 24, 2010, 02:34 AM
You guys look awesome! :)

Sebastian
May. 24, 2010, 03:04 AM
YAY Chef & PJ!!!! Congrats! He's an awesome horse. :yes:

Seb :)

p.s. Let me know if you're going to be at Memorial Day. I will be around there on Monday.

mypaintwattie
May. 24, 2010, 03:06 AM
I loff it! What a cute horse you have Jade!

shalomypony
May. 24, 2010, 06:04 AM
What a nice,nice horse!!!!!!!!!Those changes will come....don't push,wouldn't want to change that quiet ,calm,way of going!!He has a great jump!:)

Everythingbutwings
May. 24, 2010, 07:40 AM
Congratulations MOM! What a good boy. :)

DMK
May. 24, 2010, 09:16 AM
very nice Chef, and it looks like he got his mom's jump and that was surely a beautiful thing!

tidy rabbit
May. 24, 2010, 10:15 AM
Oh he's beautiful! Congratulations!

Chef Jade
May. 24, 2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the nice words, everyone! :D "Grown-Up" is relative, he probably is just a smidge over 15.3, but he was only gelded a couple of months ago, so maybe that will start a late growth spurt.

Seb, Sofia and I will be showing at Memorial Day. Monday we should be doing the Low AO Classic barring any unforseen circumstances. Hope to see you there!

RugBug
May. 24, 2010, 01:30 PM
You guys look fantastic! Such a lovely jump on that boy. :yes:

Summit Springs Farm
May. 24, 2010, 04:07 PM
CONGRATS You both look great!!!!

Sebastian
May. 24, 2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the nice words, everyone! :D "Grown-Up" is relative, he probably is just a smidge over 15.3, but he was only gelded a couple of months ago, so maybe that will start a late growth spurt.

Seb, Sofia and I will be showing at Memorial Day. Monday we should be doing the Low AO Classic barring any unforseen circumstances. Hope to see you there!

Cool. I will come find you guys. And, don't worry...he'll grow. My filly, Cally, grew 1.5 inches in year six... Those WB babies don't really stop til about 7.

Seb :D

wanderlust
May. 24, 2010, 04:10 PM
Love it! His jump is just fab! I'm inspired to get my 4yo out and about now. :-)

CenterStage123
May. 24, 2010, 04:28 PM
WOW! Look at that chrome! :lol::D He's so cute! And that was a very impressive first show!

My guy's first show consisted of wiggling up to the jump, staring at it with very wide eyes and then popping over it.:lol:

Artemis
May. 24, 2010, 04:40 PM
Wow! He's too cute!
You must be a very proud mom!!
Best of luck in the future!

Coreene
May. 24, 2010, 05:04 PM
I still have the baby picture of him with my photos. What a darling, I feel like a bunch of us are proud aunties. :cool:

Justice
May. 24, 2010, 05:24 PM
And... I'm crying. To think that Baby Jade has a baby. I still remember her baby mantra "Jade is Brave."

PJ was a superstar! He is jumping great for these little sticks and his canter is outrageous. Lots of step, hooray! He is going to be outstanding over the bigger jumps.

Congratulations on a great debut. You should be so proud of both of you! It does not hurt that he is so good looking. Wow.

Bearhunter
May. 24, 2010, 05:36 PM
I was there yesterday and walked past you and thought what a cutie pie your boy was. He certainly does have a fantastic jump!!

jetsmom
May. 24, 2010, 06:16 PM
Love his jump! I always liked Jade, and he seems a lot like her. You guys look great!

3Dogs
May. 24, 2010, 10:37 PM
Rory - fabulous!!!!!!

- I am crying over Simone showing but dang, you riding him makes it even better! Congratulations on that cutie!!! See you at Thermal - plan to get out there next year!

ponycrazy111
May. 25, 2010, 07:50 AM
awww what a cutie i have a pony named pj 2!!!!! (:

vxf111
May. 25, 2010, 09:48 AM
Wow, he looks AWESOME. I cannot BELIEVE he's 4?! I remember when Jade was pregnant! How incredible for you, all that waiting was worth it.

FrenchFrytheEqHorse
May. 25, 2010, 10:32 AM
I am not "in the loop" here, but he is absolutely lovely. Just oozes quality... you have a wonderful horse on your hands.

llsc
May. 25, 2010, 10:41 AM
What a lovely young man he has become. I remember when he was born, it doesn't seem like it's been 4 years. His canter is so much like his dad, Popeye K. What a great cross you did. Jupiter/Popeye K my two favorite stallions.

Madison
May. 25, 2010, 04:53 PM
Wow - that is so exciting! I can't believe this amount of time has passed. He is so handsome, and it looks like this breeding could not have turned out any better for you! Enjoy :)

TuxWink
May. 25, 2010, 04:55 PM
You guys look great together.

Bumpkin
May. 26, 2010, 09:26 PM
We are proud Aunties! :) Congrats!