PDA

View Full Version : Questions to manufacturers of breeches

Hunter Mom
May. 23, 2010, 10:58 PM
Why, oh why, can't you idiots make breeches that actually fit and flatter those of us who are a bit curvier? Why must you think that all who ride have the figure of an 8 year old, underfed boy? Why can an adult woman who wears a size over a two not wear your breeches? Why must your biggest size of any fashionable breeches be so skin-tight that every single part of my person is on display to the point of being offensive? Why are the only ones that aren't totally awful are either full seat, clingy cotton or require me to sell my horse to pay for a pair? Why do those of us who have passed puberty have to wear clothes named "fuller" or "shapley"?

Sigh. I went to try on breeches yesterday, and just needed to vent.

Fun Size
May. 24, 2010, 12:43 AM
Amen sista!

The euro seats help, but seriously the pair that looks best on my cost upwards of $200. Really? I mean really? Is that really necessary?

I have designer jeans that cost less, and took longer to produce. Heck, I have BRIDLES that cost less and took longer to produce with materials that were probably more expensive. :no:

HOOF123
May. 24, 2010, 02:07 AM
i agree keep this going

LARGEBORE
May. 24, 2010, 09:15 AM
Woven fabric breeches usually look best and are not as skin tight as knit fabric breeches.

judybigredpony
May. 24, 2010, 09:29 AM
I agree 100% for me the fuller breeches are to baggy in all the wrong places and the curvey ones big in thighs and to small in waist.

I end up with TS in largest waist size then have them let out .

The cheaper schooling pull ones are to clingy and just plain look awefull not flattering.Camel toe, or opposite crotch draggers yucky fabric.
I end up in my jeans at home 90% of the time

Used to get semi customer from Elizabeth's when she did Dressage at Devon. But she retired.

TS fabric not available to others, would like to find afforable semi custom where you can tailor the rise (crotch to waist height) pick side or front zip, seat options and I have large calves.
Thighs n butt not an issue....

Fuller Fillies good idea but when your in between it worse.
Jackets, shirts, boots no problem butbreeches are impossible.

leilatigress
May. 24, 2010, 09:37 AM
Dear Breech makers,
I am new to this whole breech game but am learning quickly. I have a few issues with your breeches or lack there of.
1. Why do all of the kid's full seat breeches cost as much as mine?
2. Why do all of the kid's breeches not come in slim, reg, long & short?
3. Why do you insist on making me choose between fitting at the waist or at the leg? Would it really kill you to make a 6 long? I vote for adjustable waist like on jeans.
4. I don't mind paying 20 or 30 bucks for a pair of breeches but really 50+ for non schooling breeches?

On a totally related note if anyone has any kid's breeches size 6 or 8 that need a home I will gladly take them off your hands and pay shipping.

AliCat
May. 24, 2010, 09:44 AM
I just love having my ass cheeks clearly defined for all to see.

supershorty628
May. 24, 2010, 10:03 AM
I have the opposite problem - I can't get breeches that are small enough unless they are kid-sized (and then they are too short)! :(

AliCat
May. 24, 2010, 10:12 AM
I have the opposite problem - I can't get breeches that are small enough unless they are kid-sized (and then they are too short)! :(

Get out of here with that nonsense :winkgrin:

Mukluk
May. 24, 2010, 10:25 AM
My challenge is finding ones that fit me- if the hips fit, the waist is too big... if the waist fits the hips are too small (nothing worse than too tight in the butt). The tuff rider low rise breeches work for me- they are relatively cheap but the fabric is on the thinner side and develops little holes after a while. I also wish that manufacturers would include at least one pocket in the breeches.

Guin
May. 24, 2010, 10:31 AM
Preaching to the choir!! What about a SHORT that is really SHORT - ie, for someone who is 4' 11", not 5' 4"?? And maybe actually has strong calves that aren't toothpick-sized?

Hunter Mom
May. 24, 2010, 10:40 AM
And why must you make me feel fat because I cannot wear the largest size you make - which is smaller than the "average" adult woman?

soloudinhere
May. 24, 2010, 10:43 AM
This is more a comment to the STORES, but if a company MAKES different fits (like TS also makes a little-known "slim" fit) can you please CARRY them?

Considering that most show breeches are huge in the hip and thigh if they fit me in the waist, being able to buy the more "up and down" slim fits without having to special order and thus commit permanently to a $220 item that I can't even try on is kind of crappy.

Also another vote for short, if you can make long and the stores can stock 8 billion pairs of those, then you can stock the shorts for the rest of us too. I'm looking at you, TS retailers, they make slim shorts and you seem to be unwilling to order those.

bellboots
May. 24, 2010, 11:35 AM
I think that bathing suit manufacturers and breech manufacturers are in cahoots with each other. Neither are made for normal, everyday, real life people.

alteringwego
May. 24, 2010, 12:44 PM
bellboots you are right on!

And why is it that the only ones that ever fit are always the MOST expensive. TS Supreme Hunter and Ariat Pro Circuit for example! Over $200 for a pair of pants?!?! Absurd!

throwurheart
May. 24, 2010, 12:55 PM
I'm an event rider turned dressage rider, but the headline caught my eye.... Try FITS breeches, they just came out with hunter styles. I freely admit I have NO idea what I'm talking about in hunter fashion, but I will tell you what I do know: when I got my first pair of FITS I nearly cried with joy. I am a size 12ish now, but was 16ish when I bought my first pair, and they are wonderfully flattering, comfortable, superb performance, wear like iron... all good.

And yes, they are over $200 (at least for my full seat styles, not sure what the hunter styles are going for), but they do last forever. And if you look at all the seams, the materials used, and how those suckers are made, it becomes clear why they cost that much. Now, if they were selling a hundred thousand pairs a year, well, the cost would come way down. But products produced in small quantities have to absorb a lot of overhead. All I can say is that mine are worth every penny.

Limerick
May. 24, 2010, 03:29 PM
Ladies, if your tack shop carries them, try the new Grand Prix breeches. I am a huge fan of Ariat Pro Circuits but couldn't justify the $219 price tag this time. I tried the RJ Classics and found them to be made for a skinnier body type not a mom who has had two kids. I then tried the Grand Prix's and loved them. Their price was great too-around $95.

Trixie
May. 24, 2010, 03:36 PM
TS makes a slim?

The cheaper schooling pull ones are to clingy and just plain look awefull not flattering.Camel toe, or opposite crotch draggers yucky fabric.

These look awful on everyone, whether you're a size 2 or a size 22.

JA
May. 24, 2010, 03:50 PM
Custom Riding Apparel will make anything you want, any size, any fabric, any cut. Garland Toney who used to rep/run Tailoered Sportsman before it was sold to the Van Issacs owns the company. Custom Riding Apparel does have the Tailored Sportsman 2-way and 4-way fabric.

The breeches are sold at Smartpak, Beval etc

KristieBee
May. 24, 2010, 03:57 PM
This is more a comment to the STORES, but if a company MAKES different fits (like TS also makes a little-known "slim" fit) can you please CARRY them?

Considering that most show breeches are huge in the hip and thigh if they fit me in the waist, being able to buy the more "up and down" slim fits without having to special order and thus commit permanently to a $220 item that I can't even try on is kind of crappy.

THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS!

thanks Soloudinhere- I have to buy size 26 tailoreds and then pay to have them let out all the way in the waist. like they aren't expensive enough to begin with.

oh ps - i bought Grand Prix breeches this weekend and their 26 fit me perfectly, no need for alterations - just as an fyi from another straight-hipped wonder. ;)

Lazy Palomino Hunter
May. 24, 2010, 04:06 PM
thanks Soloudinhere- I have to buy size 26 tailoreds and then pay to have them let out all the way in the waist. like they aren't expensive enough to begin with.

oh ps - i bought Grand Prix breeches this weekend and their 26 fit me perfectly, no need for alterations - just as an fyi from another straight-hipped wonder. ;)

I have no "waist" to speak of (due to the fact that I have less than an inch between my last rib and hip :eek: ), and I have the same problem with Tailored Sportsmans. I get grumpy... I'm a very slender person, there is absolutely NO reason that my breeches should be cutting off blood flow between my upper and lower halves!

Of course, I also have the complaint that no one makes anything for actual, legitimately tall people. Seriously. If a company decided to make, say, tall boots that are 21" tall, long breeches that are actually long, and shirts/jackets with a few extra inches in the sleeves... they'd make a fortune. On COTH alone it seems like there are several posts each month with people looking for that stuff!

But no, as it stands... custom boots (23" tall), custom TSs (28XL), custom coat (12 tall/slim with 4" added to the sleeves), custom show shirts. Very annoying. Very expensive. :sigh:

jewll27
May. 24, 2010, 04:43 PM
And why must you make me feel fat because I cannot wear the largest size you make - which is smaller than the "average" adult woman?

here, here!!! :yes::yes::yes:

and seriously, if I wanted the world to see all of my cellulite in its full glory, Id be naked all the time.

Also, plus size breeches that remotely resemble TS, Grand Prix, RJs and dont look like the yucky schooling ones?!

soloudinhere
May. 24, 2010, 05:17 PM
For the record, I know people rave about FITS, but I tried their new "jumpline" breeches and they absolutely redefine "low-rise" the rise on them is ridiculously short and I am short waisted to begin with. I can't imagine how a taller person could wear them and not be hanging out all over the place.

Plus the pockets have a weird double stitched thing that is super not attractive. Not a winner, I don't think.

Seriously, I'd rather see fewer colors and more different fits than 85 colors that come in the same breech that will never fit me. I don't see why I should have to special order it if the company makes it as a normal stock item and stores are willing to buy 10 pairs of each color but not some alternative fits. It's really annoying, especially for how much these breeches cost.

SaturdayNightLive
May. 24, 2010, 06:02 PM
They're flesh colored stretch pants. I don't think they can be made in such a way to look good on anyone.

Guin
May. 24, 2010, 06:47 PM
They're flesh colored stretch pants. I don't think they can be made in such a way to look good on anyone.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sacred_Petra
May. 24, 2010, 11:33 PM
Dear Breech makers:
I may be a broke college student, but I still care how my breeches look on me. Meeting guys is hard enough, its much harder if your breeches display all your assets to their worst. Would it kill you to make a breech that fits like my Levi 514s, or how about my Gap Long and Leans? Better yet, could you make these breeches without them costing more than I pay for my monthly board for 2 horses?
PS, just because I'm built more like a draft horse than a TB doesn't mean I don't need short length breeches.

au_panda
May. 25, 2010, 11:13 AM
Breeches are a nightmare since Millers went under and the Show Riders are no longer available - I went to a tack swap the other day and got a "used" pair for $20 - a truly great shopping day.

I also bought a pair of Custom breeches, slightly used, from a friend for $35, and they are about as good as I've found since Millers deserted me. She couldn't remember where she got them and thanks to COTH, someone mentioned that SmartPak has them.

In general, breeches are all too expensive!!!! The materials suck because they are too slick. And what shape woman are they designed for anyway, eggplants on feet? :(

Hunter Mom
May. 25, 2010, 11:50 AM
Note to skinny girls - if you're posting to respond that you can't find breeches small enough, please go eat something!!! :lol::lol:

Lazy Palomino Hunter
May. 25, 2010, 12:47 PM
Note to skinny girls - if you're posting to respond that you can't find breeches small enough, please go eat something!!! :lol::lol:

Now let's pretend I replied with

"Note to all overweight girls- if you're posting to respond that you can't find breeches big enough, please go eat a salad!!!"

then there would really be a problem, wouldn't there?

But I wouldn't do that. After all, the road goes both ways. Just because someone has different clothing fit issues than you do... doesn't mean that their problems are any less valid. :p

Sacred_Petra
May. 25, 2010, 10:30 PM
I had to laugh at the last 2 posts. I have trouble finding things to fit because I'm on the larger end of the spectrum. My best friend is a size 0 after going on an ice cream, cake, and soda binge, and can't find any clothes to fit her. We both wish we had each others bodies, but as soon as we go shopping together, we remember why we like our own bodies.

CenterStage123
May. 25, 2010, 11:50 PM
You all are probably going to hate me but...

I have the opposite problem while at the same time having the same problem! I am very very lucky to be a size 0 in street clothes, and I am one of thos people that can fit into almost anything... Except breeches. I went to a major tack store and literally tried on every single pair of breeches in that entire store. And I only found one brand that came remitley close to fitting me. The ariat brittanys, which I happen to absoulutely despise. The rise is way too low, and after a year of only shows (worn about 20 times, they have very unfortunate pulls in a very unfortunate spot.)

All if the other breeches were wayyy to small in the waist if they came remotley close to fittung in the leg. I had to go up 2 sizes to get any brand to fit around my waist and then they were HUGE around my leg.

When it comes to breeches, noone wins.

Across Sicily
May. 26, 2010, 02:04 AM
The ariat brittanys, which I happen to absoulutely despise. The rise is way too low

Heh really? I am short waisted and the Brittanys sit higher than, say, a normal pair of jeans (not low rise) on me... the Brittanys are my favorite breeches. :D They fit me well and are (vaguely) flatter (as flattering as skintight flesh colored pants can be, anyway).

I'm tall and not super thin but I guess I really don't care how britches look on me. Longs are never quite long enough, but they're covered up by half chaps or tall boots so it doesn't really matter. Everyone else is wearing breeches and feeling stupid too, and as long as they're comfortable it doesn't really bother me too much. That said, I prefer darker colors and side zips ;) Front zips are just ucky.

howardh
May. 26, 2010, 06:53 AM
Many manufacturers make lots of different fits. Problem is, the stores can only stock so much due to cost and YEP, they stock what turns the most. Which typically does not include product for a fringe body type. Some even shy away from stocking plus sizes, which is a huge mistake, but there is only so much money to go around and tack stores do not rake in the dough!

I would suggest contacting manufacturers directly from their websites for suggestions. Then the store in your area can order in pairs for you to try.

Or talk to the store owners. They are very up on what fits and can probably get it for you. Don't just walk in, look at the rack and leave. Talk to the owners!

Rubyfree
May. 26, 2010, 01:38 PM
I have been very, very happy with plain old tuffrider knee patch breeches, and they're cheap. They aren't really show appropriate and they are a little warmer than I might like in the summer, but they fit me great, are flattering (as flattering as breeches can be) and wear like iron.

I have tried some of the more acclaimed brands- FITS, irideon, etc, and I keep coming back to the tuffriders. As I am in absolutely no danger of showing any time soon, they work for me. At 40-50 bucks, they may be worth a try for my fellow real-sized women.

Lucassb
May. 26, 2010, 01:46 PM
Long ago, I remember when buying TS pants that fit in the waist meant about a yard of extra fabric in the thigh area. Never mind what it did to the rest of the rear view.

Then I hit middle age, LOL. I don't have THAT problem anymore! *sigh*

These days the waistband on those TS breeches is tight if they fit in the legs/butt. And I'm hardly enormous... a size 10 in street clothes. *sigh* again.

However, I will say that I love the fit of the Equine Couture F3 breeches. They can be hard to find anymore but they definitely have a more generous cut in the waist and a moderate low rise that hits me about an inch below my natural waist. They launder well and are made of a really nice microfiber type fabric that is super for hot weather riding. I highly recommend them.

Bugsey
May. 26, 2010, 06:07 PM
Ladies I can only speak for TS. The company makes lots of fits, styles and sizes as little as 22 and as big as 38. Most things come in regular, short and long. Your problem is with the Tack shops. They don't carry the selection of fits and sizes, and so you think the manufacturer doesn't make somthing that works for you. If you are interested in a certain brand, especially TS email or call and I bet that they can direct you to look for something that works for your body type. Then you can ask your tack shop to stock it, or special it!!!!!

billiebob
May. 26, 2010, 10:03 PM

Amen!!!!!

I figure if breeches don't look good on catalogue models, they're not going to look good on me. Therefore I buy whatever's cheapest and most comfortable.

I do wish there was a midrise option, though. Lowrise is too low, regular rise comes up to my bra. There's gotta be a happy medium there!

LARGEBORE
May. 27, 2010, 06:58 AM
Ladies I can only speak for TS. The company makes lots of fits, styles and sizes as little as 22 and as big as 38. Most things come in regular, short and long. Your problem is with the Tack shops. They don't carry the selection of fits and sizes, and so you think the manufacturer doesn't make somthing that works for you. If you are interested in a certain brand, especially TS email or call and I bet that they can direct you to look for something that works for your body type. Then you can ask your tack shop to stock it, or special it!!!!!

I agree with Bugsy that the tack shops do a poor job of carrying TS breeches and it would be great to see TS open up their own website to sell direct, cutout the shop and finally get a good selection to choose from.

Hunter Mom
May. 27, 2010, 12:06 PM
Even at that, TS has never fit me - I have always had curves. Even when I did wear a size 28! They still looked awful.

indygirl2560
May. 27, 2010, 12:22 PM
I agree that it's outrageous for the nice breeches that fit well(at least, fit me well) cost $220 a pop! If I want a new pair of breeches I have to bargain hunt, and pray that someone actually has the right size! I did find a brand new, with tags pair of Pro Circuits in my size for $20 off of craigslist! :D And why can't there be a warning label for TS breeches: "Even though a size 24 fits you loosely in one pair, doesn't mean you'll be able to pull the breeches over your hips in another." I found that out the hard way! :P

LenaMA
May. 27, 2010, 01:30 PM
I thought this post was very interesting and that Dover - one of the largest purchaser's of breeches from manufacturer's should know about it. They were very timely in there response and had a great suggestion for a breech! Hope this helps everyone! Here is there response:

Lena,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will pass this onto purchasing and do know we are trying harder to come up with options for the harder to fit figure. Both in the plus sizes and in the slimmer sizes. This year we have added a breech to our line which we hope will address some of the problems our customers have with fit known as the custom riding apparel comfort ride side-zip breeches.
http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=LB-35258&qs=1
They are more costly then your average knee patch breech, however they are a newer innovation which we hope will be a compromise for the hard to fit. They offer a modified rise which is taller in the back to give full coverage to the curvier woman while being shorter in the front for combined comfort. Myself being a more shapely person particularly like this feature as I have always detested getting breeches which cover my hind curves but come halfway up my torso in the front! We also have expanded the sizes on this line starting at a 24" waist and going all the way to a 40" waist in a nice German weave fabric which is thicker then most cotton and holds in our unsightly blemishes more. The waistband itself is a 1 1/4" smooth stretch waistband which is a newer fabric that does not roll or bunch like the internal elastic of most breeches and is offered in three different lengths in all sizes so there is more control on how long the breech is vs what the waist measurement is. We have had excellent reviews on them thus far from both employees whom have purchased them and customers whom have purchased them and welcome all feedback on the new product to our line!

Bonnie T
Customer Service

InWhyCee Redux
May. 27, 2010, 01:53 PM
I thought this post was very interesting and that Dover - one of the largest purchaser's of breeches from manufacturer's should know about it. They were very timely in there response and had a great suggestion for a breech! Hope this helps everyone! Here is there response:

Lena,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will pass this onto purchasing and do know we are trying harder to come up with options for the harder to fit figure. Both in the plus sizes and in the slimmer sizes. This year we have added a breech to our line which we hope will address some of the problems our customers have with fit known as the custom riding apparel comfort ride side-zip breeches.
http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=LB-35258&qs=1
They are more costly then your average knee patch breech, however they are a newer innovation which we hope will be a compromise for the hard to fit. They offer a modified rise which is taller in the back to give full coverage to the curvier woman while being shorter in the front for combined comfort. Myself being a more shapely person particularly like this feature as I have always detested getting breeches which cover my hind curves but come halfway up my torso in the front! We also have expanded the sizes on this line starting at a 24" waist and going all the way to a 40" waist in a nice German weave fabric which is thicker then most cotton and holds in our unsightly blemishes more. The waistband itself is a 1 1/4" smooth stretch waistband which is a newer fabric that does not roll or bunch like the internal elastic of most breeches and is offered in three different lengths in all sizes so there is more control on how long the breech is vs what the waist measurement is. We have had excellent reviews on them thus far from both employees whom have purchased them and customers whom have purchased them and welcome all feedback on the new product to our line!

Bonnie T
Customer Service

They are LOVELY, and they are RUST! But, $150? :no:

imapepper
May. 27, 2010, 02:03 PM
My challenge is finding ones that fit me- if the hips fit, the waist is too big... if the waist fits the hips are too small (nothing worse than too tight in the butt).

Me too but it's more my thighs than my hips :( Too tight anything is just not attractive :eek:

blackcat95
May. 27, 2010, 03:00 PM
I think breeches are just made not to fit anyone....

I'm skinny (size 4-6 street clothes) and have no curves to speak of, but I still can't find breeches that fit! I can usually get them to fit in the waist, but the leg around the calf is always waaaayyy too tight! I tried TS, Ariat, and almost every breech in the store. Some of them I couldn't even get halfway up my calf. :(

I found some Pikurs (sp?) I really liked, but I couldn't justify the price, so I ended up with the RJ Sterlings which are still a little tight in the leg but fit well otherwise.

Void
May. 27, 2010, 03:55 PM
I think breeches are just made not to fit anyone....

I'm skinny (size 4-6 street clothes) and have no curves to speak of, but I still can't find breeches that fit! I can usually get them to fit in the waist, but the leg around the calf is always waaaayyy too tight! I tried TS, Ariat, and almost every breech in the store. Some of them I couldn't even get halfway up my calf. :(

I found some Pikurs (sp?) I really liked, but I couldn't justify the price, so I ended up with the RJ Sterlings which are still a little tight in the leg but fit well otherwise.

I have the same problem

TBDQ0328
May. 27, 2010, 04:24 PM
I'm coming from the dressage world and LOVE the Cavallos and Pikeurs. I can't justify the price of buying them in the US, but have found a woman on eBay who is amazing to deal with and has a huge selection of brand name breeches. I get my full-seats from here for about $100 a pair. The knee patch breeches she carries are even cheaper. If you email her and tell her your size and what you're looking for, she'll e-mail you a list of everything she has.
This is her store on eBay: http://stores.ebay.com/Classic-Dressage-Marbella?_rdc=1

maudie
May. 27, 2010, 04:30 PM
I don't understand the hate for slim girls. I don't appreciate being called a pre-pubescent boy, simply because I wear a 26/28. I mean, it's not my fault I have a genetic condition that means I have trouble getting any definition or curves. Also, some of you are assuming it's cake for slimmer girls to find breeches. I can find schooling tights OK, but show breeches.... forget about it. Anything that fits my waist is really baggy through the thigh. If the breech fits my thigh, it normally has a super-duper high rise. Therefore, my breeches go up past my belly-button.

So no, I will not "go eat something".

supershorty628
May. 27, 2010, 04:49 PM
I don't understand the hate for slim girls. I don't appreciate being called a pre-pubescent boy, simply because I wear a 26/28. I mean, it's not my fault I have a genetic condition that means I have trouble getting any definition or curves. Also, some of you are assuming it's cake for slimmer girls to find breeches. I can find schooling tights OK, but show breeches.... forget about it. Anything that fits my waist is really baggy through the thigh. If the breech fits my thigh, it normally has a super-duper high rise. Therefore, my breeches go up past my belly-button.

So no, I will not "go eat something".

Can we be friends, please?

I wear a 22'' belt... I can eat like a pig and will still wear said belt and it SUCKS trying to find clothes that fit me. It's so frustrating.

maudie
May. 27, 2010, 04:54 PM

I wear a 22'' belt... I can eat like a pig and will still wear said belt and it SUCKS trying to find clothes that fit me. It's so frustrating.

Yes, we shall be friends.

I'm in the same boat, I'm 15 now and my current show breeches are the jodphurs I wore when I was 9, the only difference is that they're a few inches shorter :P

jewll27
May. 27, 2010, 08:13 PM
I agree that it's outrageous for the nice breeches that fit well(at least, fit me well) cost $220 a pop! If I want a new pair of breeches I have to bargain hunt, and pray that someone actually has the right size! I did find a brand new, with tags pair of Pro Circuits in my size for $20 off of craigslist! :D And why can't there be a warning label for TS breeches: "Even though a size 24 fits you loosely in one pair, doesn't mean you'll be able to pull the breeches over your hips in another." I found that out the hard way! :P

my friend had this problem with the TS! She was in an 18 in kids but then tried on a pair of 24s in a different style and they wouldnt fit her!!!

those custom apparel breeches look great! I might have to invest in a pair!

Hunter Mom
May. 27, 2010, 08:57 PM
It really seems that breeches manufacturers need to make two types of breeches, not unlike other clothes makers. There is a reason that EVERY department store has a juniors and a misses department. Juniors clothes are made for one body type, misses for a totally different. While not everyone fits nicely into one or the other, that at least helps. At least a couple of main brands (On Course, TuffRider) have recognized that some of us do have curves, but it would be great to have more selection.

Women are made in all shapes & sizes. Myself, I'm a stocky, muscular girl. I have hips and boobs - no matter how small I am I will always have them. I love my curves. I'm proud of my muscles. I'm strong & healthy. This is just how I'm built. The girl (age 30) at the barn who is tiny was made that way. It's ridiculous that we have to try to fit into the same breeches.

judybigredpony
May. 27, 2010, 09:35 PM

You can be my friend anytime:yes:

GreystoneKC
May. 27, 2010, 10:13 PM
For once, I am finding that reading this thread is making me feel better about my body! I am shocked! I used to have a lot of trouble finding britches and I DO have trouble finding jeans (basically only GAP), but recently I have been doing well with britches. I guess they have started making them a bit curvier in general over the years then?

I know I'm a bit "average" in many respects, 5'6", not "skinny", but not truly "overweight" either... but I do have a tiny waist and big wide hips and a long torso. Within the last year though, I have gotten TS schoolies (fit fine except I'm NOT a fan of the low rise, which seems even lower on me), a pair of Ariat ProCircuits on sale on TOTD (fit really nicely with a high, slim waist, but have plenty of room elsewhere), and I also found a pair of Pikeurs on a sale rack at Tack Shelter that fit similarly to the Ariats. All of them are 32s, which give me enough room for them to not be skin tight - I HATE that! I can still wear a 30, but don't love the fit at my current weight. I also agree that schooling cotton britches don't look good on anyone! lol

I'm just shocked that for ONCE I seem to be the only one NOT having fit issues!!! I'm not sure what has changed, but I actually like it!

*Liz*
May. 28, 2010, 07:53 AM

It doesn't have to be so frustrating, just go back to the children's section. I'm 22 and tiny - at some point you just have to accept that you cannot wear certain brands or at least not their adult counterparts. Try Ariat kids for breeches, Abercrombie kids for pants and tops, Kerrits kids makes great schooling clothes for everyday around the barn. And look on the bright side, we'll be riding ponies for forever ;)

Sing Mia Song
May. 28, 2010, 08:04 AM
You know what we need? A really comprehensive size chart for all these breeches. If we knew the waist, hip, rise, thigh, calf and length measurements, we could at least make an educated guess at what will fiit us. Then maybe the tack shops wouldn't have to stock every size in every style, because we'd at least have an idea of whether brand A allows for hips and brand B has a straighter fit.

I feel a spin-off thread coming on...