PDA

View Full Version : low rise breeches with pockets...

grandprix
May. 23, 2010, 07:07 PM
I am looking for some new breeches to buy that are inexpensive, lowrise, and have pockets. Any suggestions?

I'm considering the Tuff Rider™ Low-Rise Pull-On Riding Breeches, but I'm not sure if they have pockets.:confused:

hb
May. 23, 2010, 07:33 PM
I like the Riding Sport Competitor breeches. They fit rather big though, so buy a size smaller than normal.

Elementgrl2
May. 23, 2010, 07:45 PM
Grand Prix Vegas $99.95 front zip, pockets with the euro seat.

Across Sicily
May. 23, 2010, 08:25 PM
Ariat Brittanys low rise, they have pockets and are super super comfy - my fav breeches! Not super cheap at 99 bucks but worth it - they last.

Denzel
May. 23, 2010, 08:28 PM
Grand Prix Vegas $99.95 front zip, pockets with the euro seat.

I second the grand prix, but I like the Hamptons...just plain knee patch, side zip, slash pockets. They come in lots of colors, I have pretty much all of them (they are my favorite breeches by far!) Plus they have a wide waist band so they are really comfy. The grey and the french blue (ocean) are my favorites!

two sticks
May. 23, 2010, 08:45 PM
I am looking for some new breeches to buy that are inexpensive, lowrise, and have pockets. Any suggestions?

I'm considering the Tuff Rider™ Low-Rise Pull-On Riding Breeches, but I'm not sure if they have pockets.:confused:

I don't think the pull ons have pockets but I'm not sure. I have a couple pairs of the Tuff Rider Low Rise front zips and they do have a zip pocket. They are ribbed, super comfy, pretty durable, and are my favorite breeches. They are also around $40 and you can find them even cheaper on sale sometimes (sorry but $99 for a pair of schooling breeches is not what I consider cheap! :eek:) . They come in a nice variety of colors also.

paintmare
May. 24, 2010, 12:11 AM

They have the little inside pocket on the right side but thats it, not 'real' pockets. With that being said they're comfy and worth the $26 I spent on them, lol.

hjer
May. 24, 2010, 08:50 AM
Ariat Brittanys low rise, they have pockets and are super super comfy - my fav breeches! Not super cheap at 99 bucks but worth it - they last.

Ariat Brittany breeches are on sale at Dover now for $50!

KateKat
May. 24, 2010, 10:39 AM
second the Tuff Riders and the Ariat Brittany's. The Brittany's have real pockets, but they don't have zippers so anything you put in there could fall out. The Tuff Riders do have the one zip pocket over the right hip. You could also check out the Ariat Cavalry's, I just got a pair of those for $50. Just like the Brittany's except the material is a little different and the belt loops and pockets have a edge lining that is a different color.

blackcat95
May. 24, 2010, 02:19 PM
RJ Sterling Breeches. Expensive, but worth it. Low rise, HUGE (but not balloony) pockets, stretchy!

TheJenners
May. 24, 2010, 03:18 PM
Oy, I tried the Ariat Brittanys...low-rise was an understatement; I squatted slightly in the fitting room and my butt came out :(.

If you want some pull-ons, I rather like the Kerrits. They have pockets that lay flat when not in use, and are stretchy and fit plenty of cookies, cell phone, gloves, etc. They offer the F-low rise, which is higher in the back but low in the front.

grandprix
May. 24, 2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I think I'm gonna go for these. They come in nice colors, are low rise, have zips, and are cheap:

http://www.victorycanter.com/Tuff-Rider-Ribb-Lowrise-p-16485.html

Anyone have the Tuff Rider Ribb low rise breeches? (not pull-ons) Should I go for a size down, up, or right size?

KateKat
May. 25, 2010, 10:50 AM
those are the ones I have, they fit true to size for me. They are pretty stretchy though, so if you do go a little smaller they are forgiving.

LARGEBORE
May. 25, 2010, 11:26 AM
Ovation has quite a few breeches with pockets.
www.ovationriding.com

chawley
May. 25, 2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I think I'm gonna go for these. They come in nice colors, are low rise, have zips, and are cheap:

Anyone have the Tuff Rider Ribb low rise breeches? (not pull-ons) Should I go for a size down, up, or right size?

I have a pair that I love for summer because they aren't too heavy and after four years, they've held up very well. Anyway, I bought the same size as I wear in low rise TS and Ariat breeches (which run a tad bigger than both). Hope this helps....

Cobes
May. 25, 2010, 06:39 PM
Here are to great options from Kerrits!

Kneepatch:
http://www.kerrits.com/Equestrian-Apparel/pc/Channel-Rib-Pocket-Tight--6p321.htm

Fullseat:
http://www.kerrits.com/Equestrian-Apparel/pc/Breathe-Tight-II-Channel-Rib-7p263.htm

Both are lightweight for summer riding! My new favorites!

MR
May. 25, 2010, 07:05 PM

I love the Tuff Rider Ribb low rise breeches (WITH zippers). They do size "normal" - being waist size. However, I always have to buy the "short" ones. I'm 5'2" with a regular leg length for my height & if I don't get the short then the legs are too long & the velcro at the foot is below my ankle (uncomfortable inside paddock boots!).

They last a long time (yay!) and you can usually find good pricing for them online (lots of sales). The <ahem!> crotch area wears out first, but I can keep a pair for a couple years (riding in them multiple days a week) without them wearing out.

They seem to keep their shape/size with washing, but I usually run them through the delicate cycle anyway (unless they are horribly dirty, then the occasional "normal" cycle).

They aren't show-quality, but are WONDERFUL for daily schooling (and it's nice to have a few different colors - I have khaki, tan, black, that redish one, & blue/grey)

Across Sicily
May. 26, 2010, 02:17 AM

I do. They are definitely comfy, but the knee patches are kind of weird.. perfectly sticky, but weird! I didn't find them to be very low rise, but I have no waist to speak of (the Ariat Brittanys sit ABOVE my waist, for example, and they are "low rise"). They are also pretty big on me... relative to my other breeches, anyway. I wear a 32 in most breeches but could very easily have gotten these in a 30 and been properly sized.