PDA

View Full Version : Who wants a PINK show jumping jacket?

ERollison
May. 22, 2010, 10:20 PM
Here it is...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BOOKSTER-WOMENS-PINK-SHOW-JUMPING-JACKET-34-/290437689421?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Equestrian_Clothing_MJ&hash=item439f6f704d

Or how about green....
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BOOKSTER-WOMENS-SHOW-JUMPING-JACKET-38-/380235765729?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Equestrian_Clothing_MJ&hash=item5887d157e1

SkipChange
May. 22, 2010, 10:30 PM
That pink is garish. The green is acceptable by comparison.

lesgarcons
May. 22, 2010, 10:34 PM
Oh, my. Well, American Apparel is making riding pants now :rolleyes:, so maybe some hipsters could throw it all together and wear it on the street.

tothepointe
May. 22, 2010, 10:45 PM
Haha I have a pink herringbone fabric I'm dying to make into a hunt coat just to see the look in my trainers face. She's not a pink fan...

Horseymama
May. 22, 2010, 10:52 PM
Oooo, I LOVE the pink one! Anything to break out of the "same old same old" in the horse show world. I think it's fun!

fourmares
May. 22, 2010, 11:58 PM
One of our local shows has a Breast Cancer show where they donate all the proceeds to Susan B Coman... They paint all the jumps pink and encourage people to wear pink. The hunter riders generally just wear pink ratcatchers,but some of the jumper people go all out.

Mukluk
May. 23, 2010, 12:27 AM
What? No takers? I don't know why it is that people are conservative when it comes to the show ring. I think it would be cool to see someone do something new and different. Besides, in jumpers who would even care? I do think the pink would look best on a blonde riding a palomino or a brunette riding a black or dark bay.... Maybe a dark gray horse? Someone get it and show us the pictures!!!

MHM
May. 23, 2010, 12:31 AM
One of our local shows has a Breast Cancer show where they donate all the proceeds to Susan B Coman... They paint all the jumps pink and encourage people to wear pink. The hunter riders generally just wear pink ratcatchers,but some of the jumper people go all out.

That would be the ONE time the pink coat would be a good idea. :lol:

ERollison
May. 23, 2010, 12:32 AM
I personally like the coat it's self and it would look great on my dark brown/black gelding but Im afraid he and I need a lot more work before we can wear something that will make us stand out THAT much! ;)

Long Spot
May. 23, 2010, 12:47 AM
I LOVE it! I would never wear it in the ring but can imagine wearing it out. It's gorgeous.

Tiffani B
May. 23, 2010, 01:01 AM
Wow they have some interesting coats on ebay! :eek:

crazyhorses
May. 23, 2010, 01:32 AM
For 200$? I wouldn't LOL. If it was like 100$... maybe... =D

superpony123
May. 23, 2010, 01:53 AM
i thought i'd seen it all when i saw the pink or neon green saddles. i'd never dreamed it possible that we'd really see pink hunt coats.. wow. *face falls into keyboard*

the green isnt too terrible, it's not my taste but dont some of the olympic teams wear coats with a similar green hue? germany, or maybe ireland or something?

maudie
May. 23, 2010, 02:02 AM
I think it's purty :P. I would love to wear it with my light breeches and black boots. The horse I ride is dark grey.... We would be '2 Fresh' for the hunter ring.. lol

dab
May. 23, 2010, 03:10 AM
I prefer the purple one Peter Leone used to wear, but I think pink would be fun to wear in the jumper ring -- Of course, I'm one of those crazies who thinks we should all be wearing polo shirts ... even in the hunter ring --

Polydor
May. 23, 2010, 04:46 AM
I kinda like the green one. But the beige pocket would be gone! Not sure if i would wear it in the show ring though.

P.

amt813
May. 23, 2010, 06:26 AM
I actually really like it haha! I think its nice with the black accents. It would definitely be a stand out.

tarheelmd07
May. 23, 2010, 09:08 AM
I'd totally wear it in the jumper ring...but it's a bit pricy (or I'd be bidding on it now...). But,hey, I'm the girl with the pink sparkly bridle from the tackaholic thread...and if you look at my profile pics, you'll see that I have no shame and minimal fashion sense :)

Mukluk
May. 23, 2010, 12:02 PM
How do trends start? Someone who is winning starts wearing /using something different. Just one person who wins regularly needs to start wearing this coat.... Soon everyone will be in pink!!!- (at which point it will be time for a new trend). I hope not me though, don't think that pink would go with my chestnut girl. Things definitely change. Just think, what were we wearing 40 years ago, 20 years ago, and what will we be wearing 20 years from now?

Creaghgal
May. 23, 2010, 12:14 PM
Katie Price turned it down? :confused:

Tif_Ann
May. 23, 2010, 12:25 PM
I'd wear the green in a heartbeat if it was my size. :)

hijumpin1
May. 23, 2010, 01:39 PM
Show Jumping Barbie wants it!! She can come to the show with her pink Corvette and matching trailer. Trainer Ken can school her over some pink jumps! It would be so totally bad-#@s!

ERollison
May. 23, 2010, 02:38 PM
Show Jumping Barbie wants it!! She can come to the show with her pink Corvette and matching trailer. Trainer Ken can school her over some pink jumps! It would be so totally bad-#@s!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

HobbyHorse101
May. 23, 2010, 03:23 PM
The pink is a bit much, but I like the green, would look smashing with my dark bay gelding...

Mukluk
May. 23, 2010, 04:34 PM

And she will be riding a palomino with a long flowing mane and tail with flowers in both. She will have matching pink boots and tack. And her horse will have sparkly pink feet!!!

Mukluk
May. 23, 2010, 04:39 PM
Does your hair color "go with" your horses coat color?

Are your physiques similar?

How about your personalities?

Anything else? (like you both like beer or whatever).

OK let's hear it.

Me first. I have reddish blonde hair and my girl is a chestnut- she is redder than me. We both have long legs and short backs. She is a character and so am I. I love beer but she does not care for it at all. We both LOVE food!!!

Artemis
May. 23, 2010, 05:06 PM
I think its cute :]
I'm not sure if I'd actually wear it in the ring, but I'd consider it!

Guin
May. 23, 2010, 07:28 PM
I think it's gorgeous. For an exhibition class or something.

doublesstable
May. 23, 2010, 09:34 PM

I showed at one of those too... It's a great idea for a non profit to hold a Pink show....

I wore pink breeches, pink shirt, pink jacket (jacket was a suit jacket I had) but worked out really nice. I braided in pink and had a pink pad, pink brow band and put pink stripes on my GPA helmet.... It sounds crazy but it looked really nice. we won the "pink class" that was judged 50 percent on your pink-ness and 50 percent on equiation.....

I had someone say it looked like I washed all my white clothes with a big red sock... ha ha..

I think the jackets cute - expecially if these type of charity shows catch on. It was fun....

hijumpin1
May. 23, 2010, 09:45 PM
And she will be riding a palomino with a long flowing mane and tail with flowers in both. She will have matching pink boots and tack. And her horse will have sparkly pink feet!!!

Dream Horse Prancer with pink saddle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRrq0m7XewQ

He looks like maybe too much knee, and a little stiff.

ERollison
May. 23, 2010, 09:50 PM
Dream Horse Prancer with pink saddle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRrq0m7XewQ

He looks like maybe too much knee, and a little stiff.

:eek:Oh My Gosh!!! I SO remember this commercial!!!:yes:

Mukluk
May. 24, 2010, 12:33 AM
I think "Dream Horse Prancer" would make a Fabulous show name!!!!

ERollison
May. 24, 2010, 06:33 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BOOKSTER-WOMENS-TWEED-LEAD-REIN-JACKET-SKIRT-36-/290437689419?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Women_s_Clothing&hash=item439f6f704b

Look at this tweed and red coat!!

goeslikestink
May. 24, 2010, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=ERollison;4881918]Here it is...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BOOKSTER-WOMENS-PINK-SHOW-JUMPING-JACKET-34-/290437689421?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Equestrian_Clothing_MJ&hash=item439f6f704d

katie lol