PDA

View Full Version : ariat monacos

irideponyhunters
May. 22, 2010, 05:55 PM
Do you think they are worth the money? What do you think of them. What do you think of them vs. Ariat Heritage?

Denzel
May. 22, 2010, 08:37 PM
I have a pair of Ariat Heritages I bought like 5+ years ago, that are still brand new in the box after having worn them less than 6 times because I hated them so much. I bought a pair of the Monaco's last November, and they were the first off the rack field boot I found that were soft and easy to break in and fit my scrawny ankles and straight calf. I LOVE my Monaco's, they are gorgeous and the fit is great, there are no saggy ankles and very little drop. I have had zero problems with the zippers. I wouldn't use them as daily boots, as the leather stretch panel on the inside could easily wear out.

If you are in that same price range and looking for boots that are a little more durable, I would definitely suggest the DeNiro's. I got a pair of brown top ones this winter, and they are gorgeous. They are really well-fitting and have lots of size combinations. They are super soft and require very little break in, but are still durable enough for everyday use. Here is a picture of my DeNiros (ignore me being a dork) http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/icey_princess12/DSC07108.jpg

And here is a picture of the Monaco's (ignore my mom's awesome timing skils, this is the only picture where you could see them well)
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/icey_princess12/DSC00879.jpg

indygirl2560
May. 22, 2010, 08:53 PM
I don't have the Monaco's but I've heard good things. Stay away from the Heritage's though! I tried some on years ago in the tack store and remember hating them; even the sales person thought the leather was pretty bad. I bought the Challenges and I love them! They've lasted me 5yrs and are still going strong. Not quite as easy to break in as the Monaco's, but I use them practically every day on several horses and they've held up great(they shine up nicely for each show). Just something to think about if you want a cheaper option...

tbhuntergirl
May. 22, 2010, 09:04 PM
I have a pair of the Monacos. They are very pretty boots and fairly comfortable to ride in. However, I feel that they are very cheaply made. The laces on one boot broke the first week I had them. About 9 months after I purchased them, the zipper broke on one boot. Ariat would not fix them for me for free because they were no longer under warranty, but if I wanted them to repair them it would cost me over $100. Also, if you intend to ride in them everyday the very soft leather will wear out very fast. I know several people who have had similar problems.

Honestly, I do not think they are worth the $900 price tag.

valencia
May. 26, 2010, 01:18 PM
I have so many friends whose Monaco's have completely fallen apart, been replaced, and fallen apart again.
They're pretty boots, but one of my friends basically puts his on right before he goes in the ring and takes them off as soon as he gets off. Obviously that isn't a poor idea to preserve the longevity of any type of boot, but I have seen the leather on those boots separate too many times to ever want to buy them haha.
If I were going to spend 900 on a pair of boots, I'd honestly save a couple hundred more and buy Parlanti's or something.

JMHO, hah.

Trixie
May. 26, 2010, 01:37 PM
I know a lot of people who have been very happy with their monacos, I think if I were to spend close to a thousand dollars for boots I would go custom, with a company that is known for standing behind their boots. Too many people have had too many issues with the quality of ariat products.

LulaBell
May. 26, 2010, 05:14 PM
Denzel, can you tell us more about the DeNiros? Yours look absolutely lovely in the photo...not a clue why I'm asking since I live in Central America and have been on a horse exactly 3 times in the last year, but oh well!

BeastieSlave
May. 26, 2010, 06:43 PM
Beautiful boots for showing - definitely not evryday boots. I like them better than any other boot Ariat makes, but that's not such high praise. My #2 daughter has a pair and they fit her better than any other off the shelf boot she's ever tried. If we'd had more time, I would have gotten her customs.
Do a search, we talk about Monacos fairly often.

Denzel
May. 27, 2010, 12:15 AM
Denzel, can you tell us more about the DeNiros? Yours look absolutely lovely in the photo...not a clue why I'm asking since I live in Central America and have been on a horse exactly 3 times in the last year, but oh well!

I actually found them online (www.brogini.com) over a year ago. I have always wanted brown top boots, and I LOVED the ones on their site. I was finally ready to break down and order them from the UK, even though I wasn't sure about the sizing. When I went to the Spruce Meadows Masters, I found a tack shop that carried them so I was able to try some on to see how they fit and ordered them through that store.

I am very impressed with the quality of the leather and how well they have been wearing. They are soft enough to require virtually no break in, but they are still durable and look like they will hold up really well. I wear them daily and sometimes on multiple horses, and I clean them about once every week or two and they are holding up great! One thing I really like about them is the spur guard that protects the zipper from your spurs.