PDA

View Full Version : Devon Hunter Derby

Mali
May. 21, 2010, 10:41 PM
Anybody going? I see in the Horse of Del Val that it's scheduled to start at 10am on June 6th, any idea how long we should expect it to run? We're about 2 hours away and are thinking about trekking over for the day, NOT to show - just to spectate.

vxf111
May. 22, 2010, 12:56 AM
I have been told to expect ALL classes to be done that day by noon. That doesn't seem like enough time to me, but that's what they're saying.

RND
May. 22, 2010, 01:21 AM
I thought the derby was the only class scheduled for Sunday, and it starts at 10:00 AM. It's hard to believe that it will be done by noon, although I'm wondering how many people will be interested in staying around all week for it. Juniors are done the weekend before that, and the open divisions are finished on Wednesday. Any information on who has entered so far?

jewll27
May. 22, 2010, 08:13 AM
I thought the derby was the only class scheduled for Sunday, and it starts at 10:00 AM. It's hard to believe that it will be done by noon, although I'm wondering how many people will be interested in staying around all week for it. Juniors are done the weekend before that, and the open divisions are finished on Wednesday. Any information on who has entered so far?

go to the Devon website and click on class cutoffs. It should say on there.

vxf111
May. 22, 2010, 08:56 AM

I share your doubt... but the horse show folks have been telling the country fair folks to expect to star packing up/shutting down around noon. I don't see it going quite that quickly, but that's what they've been saying.

lcw579
May. 22, 2010, 12:07 PM
Last time I watched the Hunter Derby, which I found disappointing, it didn't take more than 2 hours. I hope they make the course more challenging this year.

Unfortunately I'll be at Dressage rally so I won't be able to watch.

Mali
May. 22, 2010, 05:09 PM
Last time I watched the Hunter Derby, which I found disappointing, it didn't take more than 2 hours. I hope they make the course more challenging this year.

Unfortunately I'll be at Dressage rally so I won't be able to watch.

Well that sure won't be worth a 2 hour drive to Devon and another 2 hour drive back!

JBCool
May. 25, 2010, 11:43 AM
The one we had in Lexington VA had 40 first-round horses, started at 6:00 and ended between 9:30 & 10:00. (Remember, not everyone does both rounds). Maybe check entries to see how many are showing.