PDA

View Full Version : Roanoke Valley Horse Show

JBCool
May. 21, 2010, 11:52 AM
I am planning to do Monday, SWVHJA Day, at Roanoke and have a question. Since I am only doing the unrecognized show, do I still need to be a USEF member? Does my horse need a USEF number? My trainer and I don't know. TIA

gotrocks
May. 21, 2010, 12:07 PM
I'm pretty sure you do...you can get an ID number for your horse for free, but they will charge you a non-member fee if you aren't a member. Not 100% sure, but I would expect it if I was doing the same thing and be surprised if I didn't get charged.

RooHouD657496
May. 23, 2010, 12:37 AM
You do NOT need to be a USEF member to show on Monday, but feel free to call the horse show office with your questions and to request an entry form for Monday - you will have a $25 late fee for entries post marked after the 25th of May. Show office is 540.389.7847. It is a great horse show! Good luck!

Jewels09
Jun. 13, 2010, 09:17 AM
Trying to decide if we will be attending Roanoke this year. We have never been and always wanted to try it out. Pros? Cons? Footing? stabling etc? Much appreciated.

pinkme
Jun. 13, 2010, 11:57 AM
We have two extra rooms at our house near by, should anyone not want to stay in a hotel. We are between the lake and Roanoke.

monalisa
Jun. 13, 2010, 10:19 PM
Roanoke is one of the most exhibitor friendly shows that I have been to. Talking about southern hospitality. It is great in that regard. There are lunches every day and the hospitality volunteers drive around in a golf cart and give out drinks.

The down side is that it is not a "show facility" and they make do with what they have. The stalls are on concrete so you have to really bed them well. It can be really hot and humid. The outdoor rings are small. I have not ridden in the indoor.

But it is a great show, very well run and they do a great job. It is not perfect mostly due to the venue but I have been back many times. There are also saddle seat horses there the same time the hunters are there, so some people have issues with their horses not liking the saddlebreds.

Jewels09
Jun. 13, 2010, 10:58 PM
thanks monalisa. we will only have jumpers with us and it looks like we will only be showing inside. good to know about the stalls. I will bring my rubber mats and extra shavings!